Wireless link to use my headphones?

I have noise canceling headphones that I would like to use with a wireless connection to my television set. Is there a device that I could plug into the TV headphone socket that would transmit the stereo audio to a matching device that I could put into a shirt pocket and plug my headphones into it.

Reply to
David Segall

AFAIK not directly and simply. But there are plenty of quality wireless heaphone sets available that you could hook up to your TV.

geoff

Reply to
geoff

SC's not so high-tech mono solution to your problem:

It's rather interesting that there does not appear to be products readily available to fill this niche... I could do with one myself.

Dave.

Reply to
David L. Jones

In a couple of words "Induction Loop"

Reply to
atec77

there are small low powered FM radio transmiiters, in your pocket you'd put an ordinary FM radio.

Reply to
Jasen Betts

CPC sell one that works at 800-odd MHz.

Chris

Reply to
christofire

I did look but I did not find a quality, wireless, noise canceling headphone. Even if I found one I suspect that each of those adjectives costs around $100.00 and I already have two thirds of what I need. I'm happy with my Sennheiser PX 250 . Wireless would allow me to fetch a cup of coffee without pausing the TV program.

Reply to
David Segall

christofire

Instead of noise-cancelling, why not just get enclosed phones ? That way you won't get the weird phasy effects than NC gives.

geoff

Reply to
geoff

To be honest, the answer is because I believed a Bose advertisement I read in an airline magazine after trying to watch a movie . I assumed that both the Bose and my, cheaper, Sennheiser earphones were "enclosed" in addition to noise canceling.

I agree that this effect is noticeable when you first turn on noise canceling but I don't notice it after a few seconds.

Anyway, which enclosed earphones would you recommend that would have comparable performance to noise canceling ones on a 747.

Reply to
David Segall