Ferrite E-Core Suppliers in Australia

Can anyone point me in the direction of a (small volume) supplier of ferrite
E-cores in Australia. I'm after a small, N27 or similar, (frequency between
20kHz and 100kHz), 1" x 1" core, like Jaycar used to sell. I have a working
design using an old Jaycar core and need a supplier for 10 to 50 units at a
time. I think that Jaycar still sell pot cores in a similar ferrite, but the
window is too small for all of my windings. RS no longer stock this sort of
thing and neither do DSE or Altronics. If there's no one in Australia,
Mouser or Digikey probably have something, but I'd prefer to buy locally if
I can.

Thanks in advance,
Steve.

Re: Ferrite E-Core Suppliers in Australia

Quite a few E cores of various sizes at Rockby's flood sale at the moment.
Probably many of them came from those other suppliers too.

Re: Ferrite E-Core Suppliers in Australia

ferrite
between
working
at a
the
of
if
Do they have the flood sale items on the web? I checked out their site
yesterday and didn't see any reference to a flood sale. I'll have another
look.
... Steve

Re: Ferrite E-Core Suppliers in Australia

Not sure - best to get them on the phone and ask.

Re: Ferrite E-Core Suppliers in Australia

another

Just checked their site again - they have an ad for the sale, but it appears
to be on-site only. (I used to work in Renver Rd, Clayton, about 35 years
ago, as an apprentice panel-beater, before I discovered electronics, but
nowadays I'm on the South coast of NSW, a bit far for a sale.)
I'll do as you suggest and ring them in the morning, but it's harder on the
phone to descibe exactly what you want.
Thanks for the help, Clifford, I appreciate it.

In the meantime, I'm open to other suggestions for suppliers, if anyone
reading this thread has any.

... Steve

Re: Ferrite E-Core Suppliers in Australia

:Can anyone point me in the direction of a (small volume) supplier of ferrite
:E-cores in Australia. I'm after a small, N27 or similar, (frequency between
:20kHz and 100kHz), 1" x 1" core, like Jaycar used to sell. I have a working
:design using an old Jaycar core and need a supplier for 10 to 50 units at a
:time. I think that Jaycar still sell pot cores in a similar ferrite, but the
:window is too small for all of my windings. RS no longer stock this sort of
:thing and neither do DSE or Altronics. If there's no one in Australia,
:Mouser or Digikey probably have something, but I'd prefer to buy locally if
:I can.
:
:Thanks in advance,
:Steve.
:

Might I suggest Farnell order code 200300 in N87 material. This material is
typically used for 25KHz - 500KHz operation.

http://www.farnell.com/datasheets/7630.pdf

Re: Ferrite E-Core Suppliers in Australia

ferrite
between
working
the
of
if
is

Thanks, Ross, it looks pretty good. I'm not sure about the window size and
whether or not I'll get all of my windings on it. The diagrams are a little
cryptic. By the same token, I think that the relative inductance is higher
with these materials than my original version, so I'll be able to get away
with less turns. I might check out their, (Farnell's), range and see if
something one size larger is available. Otherwise, I'll wind the main
secondary in 0.2mm instead of 0.25mm. No difference, except that 0.25 is
easier on my eyes for hand-winding prototypes.

... Steve

Re: Ferrite E-Core Suppliers in Australia

www.magcore.com.au

Cheers
Terry

Re: Ferrite E-Core Suppliers in Australia

ferrite
between
working
at a
the
of
if

Thanks, Terry, I checked out their site and they had no specs published, so
I checked out Franc's suggestion, (Neosid Australia) and found what I was
looking for. I'm just waiting to see if they're happy to sell small
quantities, (10 off for now).

... Steve

Re: Ferrite E-Core Suppliers in Australia
finger to keyboard and composed:

http://www.neosid.com.au /

- Franc Zabkar

Re: Ferrite E-Core Suppliers in Australia

ferrite

Thanks Franc, exactly what I wanted. Their EF25 is perfect.
Incidentally, on another subject, I posted a final note to the "Cheap EPROM
Eraser - March 2005" thread. My LED WAS in backwards too, but still lit. I
traced the circuit and came to the conclusion that the LED/resistor combo
double as a snubber to keep the transistor's collector voltage from rising
too high during flyback.

... Steve

Re: Ferrite E-Core Suppliers in Australia

ferrite
between
working
the
of
if
Problem solved. Ordered 10 units x EF25 from Neosid @ $3.50 each delivered.
Better than I could have done overseas.

... Steve

Re: Ferrite E-Core Suppliers in Australia

Hello Steve,

I know you have now solved you problem, however this link may be
useful for future reference:

http://www.newtek.com.au/rjandus/ferromag.html

Andy

Site Timeline