Dejavu Altronics - Page 2

Re: Dejavu Altronics

They have a screen disable wire that's /supposed/ to be connected to
the hand brake.

--
- Mike

Re: Dejavu Altronics

"Mike Warren"

** So it goes ON only when the brake is engaged ??

Why would anyone *actually* buy one with that massive draw back ??

Are handymen installers likely to wire it up like that  ???

Shouldn't the advertising contain that crucial info  ??????

......  Phil

Re: Dejavu Altronics

Yes.

I don't know. A lot of these units also use the screen to display
normal stereo system info like radio frequency/CD tracks etc. That
still works even with the park brake wire grounded.

I very much doubt it. :-)

That would be nice, wouldn't it? :-)

--
- Mike

Re: Dejavu Altronics

Plenty on the market they don't mention that they are illegal to use on
the move.

https://shop.1wow.com.au/productcart/pc/viewCategories.asp?idCategory25 %

Re: Dejavu Altronics

I just noticed an ABN number on the front page (was that there before?)

Search:
http://www.abr.business.gov.au/%28xkh5hk45yha12x551lxjjqzo%29/search.aspx?SearchText33%+030+830+846&StartSearch=True

So Mr Spiers is not just the web designer, he is definitely the owner, and
the trading name is indeed listed as "Altronics".

Dave.

Re: Dejavu Altronics

"David L. Jones"

** Nope  -  it has just arrived.

http://www.abr.business.gov.au/%28xkh5hk45yha12x551lxjjqzo%29/search.aspx?SearchText33%+030+830+846&StartSearch=True

** Yep -   he is clearly the owner and sole trader involved -  the Paypal
account in the name of " Altronics " as I posted yesterday.

But that ABN is a new one, the previous one listed in connection with
the site was " 13 819 939 070 " which was for A & A Multimedia -
a partnership between himself and another fellow.

But the name " Altronics " is owned by the REAL Altronics in Perth
and Spiers has not registered it as a trading name cos he legally cannot.

He is illegally using the name in breach of the business names regulations
and the TPA.

.....  Phil

Re: Dejavu Altronics

http://www.abr.business.gov.au/%28xkh5hk45yha12x551lxjjqzo%29/search.aspx?SearchText33%+030+830+846&StartSearch=True

Yet he has been able to associate the name Altronics as a "trading name"
under the sole trader ABN according to my link above.
Whether or not that's usable/legal in practice I have no idea.

Dave.

Re: Dejavu Altronics

http://www.abr.business.gov.au/%28xkh5hk45yha12x551lxjjqzo%29/search.aspx?SearchText33%+030+830+846&StartSearch=True

I just looked up Altronics at the abr web address and it says "92 009 291 294
ALTRONICS PTY. LTD. cancelled"

On my last receipt from Altronics the ABN is 84 177 396 871, which is listed on
this site as "The Trustee for ALTRONICS UNIT TRUST"

On http://www.search.asic.gov.au/cgi-bin/gns030c a search for Altronics says
ALTRONICS PTY. LTD. is registered, the same ABN that's cancelled on the abr
website.

Beats me

Tony

Re: Dejavu Altronics

"TonyS"

** Cancelled in May 2004.

** Looks like they set up a trust to handle GST for both importing and
retail.

**  The ASIC data base is not always current.

  Likely there is no need to update changes in the ABN number with them.

  Remember, ABN numbers are all about GST.

....  Phil

Re: Dejavu Altronics

"Server not Found"
Either a coincidental glitch in the matrix, or it's GONE!

Dave.

Re: Dejavu Altronics

Same response here, looks to be still registered - maybe propagation
delay......

Whois response for altronics.net.au:

      Domain Name altronics.net.au
      Registrar ID PlanetDomain