Dejavu Altronics

"Bruce Varley"

** No business name is of ANY value until customers KNOW it !!!

Well known names have enormous value in the world of marketing goods and services - the owners of such names are usually very keen to protect them from all trespassers !!

If you can somehow latch onto an already well known name, you get a huge free advantage over others - especially when Google searches on the name are used to find your web pages.

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

"David I. Jones"

** Appears to be operational right now.

If you click on "Add to Cart" and then " Proceed to Checkout" it all looks like it is working.

Paypal have the trader's name down as being " Altronics ".

The REAL Altronics do not use Paypal.

... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

So it is, for those products that are actually up. Still nothing in the "About" or "Contact" tabs though.

I'm assuming the real Altronics are readying their big stick...

Dave.

http://www.eevblog.com
Reply to
David L. Jones

Yep, incredibly dumb any way you look at it. They went to the trouble and expense of putting up ads on Facebook, so in that case almost any name would have done, no need to try and capitalise on the real Altronics's name. And by copying a name you are in fact limiting your potential business, because presumably there is no way they can register another "Altronics Pty Ltd"

Dave.

http://www.eevblog.com
Reply to
David L. Jones

I just noticed an ABN number on the front page (was that there before?)

Search:

So Mr Spiers is not just the web designer, he is definitely the owner, and the trading name is indeed listed as "Altronics".

Dave.

http://www.eevblog.com
Reply to
David L. Jones

"David L. Jones"

** Nope - it has just arrived.

** Yep - he is clearly the owner and sole trader involved - the Paypal account in the name of " Altronics " as I posted yesterday.

But that ABN is a new one, the previous one listed in connection with the site was " 13 819 939 070 " which was for A & A Multimedia - a partnership between himself and another fellow.

But the name " Altronics " is owned by the REAL Altronics in Perth and Spiers has not registered it as a trading name cos he legally cannot.

He is illegally using the name in breach of the business names regulations and the TPA.

..... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

I just looked up Altronics at the abr web address and it says "92 009 291 294 ALTRONICS PTY. LTD. cancelled"

On my last receipt from Altronics the ABN is 84 177 396 871, which is listed on this site as "The Trustee for ALTRONICS UNIT TRUST"

On

a search for Altronics says ALTRONICS PTY. LTD. is registered, the same ABN that's cancelled on the abr website.

Beats me

Tony

Reply to
TonyS

Yet he has been able to associate the name Altronics as a "trading name" under the sole trader ABN according to my link above. Whether or not that's usable/legal in practice I have no idea.

Dave.

http://www.eevblog.com
Reply to
David L. Jones

"TonyS"

** Cancelled in May 2004.

** Looks like they set up a trust to handle GST for both importing and retail.
** The ASIC data base is not always current.

Likely there is no need to update changes in the ABN number with them.

Remember, ABN numbers are all about GST.

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

"Server not Found" Either a coincidental glitch in the matrix, or it's GONE!

Dave.

http://www.eevblog.com
Reply to
David L. Jones

Same response here, looks to be still registered - maybe propagation delay......

Whois response for altronics.net.au:

Domain Name altronics.net.au Registrar ID PlanetDomain Registrar Name PlanetDomain Status ok Registrant Alan Spiers Registrant ID ABN 13819939070 Eligibility Type Partnership Eligibility Name A&A MULTIMEDIA Registrant Contact ID ID00284458-PR Registrant Contact Name Alan Spiers Registrant Contact Email snipped-for-privacy@spiers.net.au Tech Contact ID ID00284458-PR Tech Contact Name Alan Spiers Tech Contact Email snipped-for-privacy@spiers.net.au Name Server ns1.planetdomain.com Name Server ns2.planetdomain.com

Reply to
Nik Rim