500v electros

G'day All
Is there any source of 22-25uF 500v electrolytic caps (Guitar valve amp)
around the place (Oz)?? or do I have to go the series road ??

--
Regards ..... Rheilly Phoull

Re: 500v electros

"Rheilly Phoull"

 **  EVATCO have 22 uF  @ 500 volt,  radial style.

  http://www.evatco.com.au /

 Click on "capacitors - chassis "  on the home page.

 Might be cheaper to use two 47 TKR 350  volt  radial caps from WES,
mounted back to back.

.............    Phil

Re: 500v electros

Two 350V caps back to back are just going to go BANG on
500V aren't they Phil, stop talking out your arse and
try some logic dickhead. That would work if they were
in series, Rheilly doesn't want a non polarised cap
which is what you just suggested.

Re: 500v electros

 One day Rheilly Phoull got dressed and committed to text

Thanks Folks :-)

--
Regards ..... Rheilly Phoull

Re: 500v electros

I think the highest electros go is about 560V from memory, it's
better to go to series caps each fed with it's own separate
winding and bridge rectifier, or alternatively a centre tapped
tranny with a single bridge and seriesed caps as you would for
+ - type power supply. I did that with my valve amp after I got
a good deal from Rockby on some 375V electros.

Mark Harriss

Re: 500v electros

"Mark Harriss"   =  human garbage

 **  Harrarse does not think and has no functioning memory.

**  The monumentally pig ignorant  Harrarse  has never even seen a
commercial guitar amp.

**  The OP is after a 22uF cap  -   fuckwit.

That means it is a decoupling cap after the rectifier stage and filter
choke.

**  God I hope the pile of crap  electrocutes you  -   HARRARSE  !!!

Site Timeline