500V stabilizer....

Have one of these (from old Geiger counter):

Jan Panteltje

VERY similar to the Victoreen Corotron(T) shunt regulator.

Reply to
Robert Baer

Victoreen used to make corona voltage regulators, up to several kilovolts as I recall. Maybe they still do.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Hmmm, that logo looks vaguely Nazi.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

On a sunny day (Wed, 20 Aug 2014 09:24:34 -0700) it happened John Larkin wrote in :

Yes, 0banana would love it.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

It seems that they have been out of business for roughly ten years.

Highest voltages seen in their catalog: GV1A-2000, GV3A-2500, GV3A-2000H, GV3S-3000, GV3S-3000H, GV4S-3500, GV5A-3500, GV6A-3000. TV types M42 and M45 series to 12KV; some independently EIA listed go higher. Catalog is obsolete and rare item. "I" make solid-state drop-in replacements.

Reply to
Robert Baer

Here's a catalog:

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Cool. I have some spare HV muliplier tubes from an old Tektronix 310.

Reply to
jurb6006

that was the first thing I saw too, then wow, some old tube.

Reply to
Cydrome Leader