Latest threads in Electronics Down Undershow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Fabricated soldering iron tip - rolled steel
How will a bit of rolled flat-bar steel work as a soldering iron tip? I do a job a few times a year where I need to removed a pile of D connectors from some PCAs. I've made up tips from copper bar...
10
10

garage door unit clicking
The unit that drives our motorised garage door makes a clicking noise after it operates. It keeps clicking well after the door has gone to its end position. What is it?
2
2

Likely bit rate from low Earth orbit
This is necessarily akin to asking the length of a piece of string. Still, anyone have a handle on the likely bit rates that are achieved when downloading data from low Earth orbit imaging satellites?...
12
12

Using electronic transformers with LED MR16 down-lights
Replacing the old halogen MR16 bulbs, I have no problems with the iron core transformers. However, with the electronic ones (mine are Nelson MTECOUGAR60), which appear to be just small SMPSs, there is...
1
1

Silicon Chip.
I was poking around in their website when I came across this gem in the section about submitting an article. "These days, we like articles to be submitted as (preferably) Word documents or .txt files...
10
10

laptop CD drives
Do laptop CD drives come in one size, or do you have to buy a specific one for your laptop model?
2
2

laptop CD drive
The CD drive on my laptop only seems to work when the laptop is held upside down. What does this indicate?
18
18

Soldering stainless steel wire
I've managed to get a small DIY spot-welder going, but I'm finding that the metals I can successfully spot-weld (nichrome wire, and stainless steel wire, so far) cannot be soldered, which for one of...
27
27

LPG price?
What is the real reason for LPG price to jump from 55c to 90c?! Is it likely to go back to 55c again? Doesn't this massive price hike destroy industries and make it worthless to own an LPG converted...
5
5

Call for Papers: 3rd International Conference on E-Learning and E-Technologies in Education ICEEE 2014
The Third International Conference on E-Learning and E-Technologies in Educ ation (ICEEE2014) March 18-20, 2014 Asia Pacific University of Technology and Innovation (APU) Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia The...

Re: Super Capacitors
Hacker list.
5
5

Lithium Ion standard batteries
Have you guys notice, that the ebay AA, AAA 1.5 V Lithium Ion battery listings(in China) is no more? Must be licensing violation issues or something??!! Still there's no shortage of 18650 & 14500...
5
5

How To Set Time On Spy Clock DVR
How To Adjust Spy Clock DVR Time/Date: The time and date of your alarm clock DVR can be configured by the following steps. 1 - Install the driver "SPCA1520_V1200_WHQL.exe" in the included CD. _Note_,...
2
2

HP Selling New PCs with Windows 7 Again
HP Selling New PCs with Windows 7 Again Have you been thinking about buying a new computer, but you can?t stand the idea of dealing with Windows 8 and its lack of a true Start menu? Apparently, you?re...
3
3

High melting point solder
I need something like this: But my total lifetime requirement is probably a fraction of a gram. Anyone know of a supplier of smaller quantities? Sylvia.