Latest threads in Raspberry Pi Groupshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Putting the Wolfram Language (and Mathematica) on every Raspberry Pi
Putting the Wolfram Language (and Mathematica) on every Raspberry Pi See: and it's free. Wolfram Language and Mathematica are now free for every Raspberry Pi computer, with exciting possibilities for...
4
4

Headless diagnosis of faulty Raspbian
After an upgrade and reboot, my Pi (running Raspbian) shows activity (the lights come on) but the router to which it is wired no longer recognises it. I have no suitable standalone monitor and have to...
26
26

Best 5v speakers
Hi, I've just bought 3 more RaspberryPi's, two of them model A to be used has an Airplay speakers. I'd like to have your input about the best cost/quality speakers to be user with RaspberryPi. I was...
35
35

Wifi Adapter + RPI help
Hi All, currently have the following setup: Raspberry Pi model B (running Raspbian wheezy under berryboot) netgear WN111v2 wifi adapter Ive googled thoroughly on how to setup this adapter, but while...
4
4

USB wi-fi adapter not found
Trying to get a USB wi-fi adapter recognized... doesn't show up as /dev/wlan0. Where do I look for the next clue? david@raspberrypi ~ $ dmesg |grep usb.*2.2 [ 3.932755] usb 1-1.2.2: new high-speed USB...
13
13

Broadcom Camera Input
It would appear that the camera input on the board goes directly into the Broadcom chip, but I haven't found any info on what happens to it from there. My interest it to be able to use the camera...
4
4

RCA ? TV: text-output.
There seems no mention of the RPi's output. It works for me! Does anybody remember the Sinclair -- 70's ? 80's. This group seems dominated by UK-users, but hasn't the RPi hit India yet? I followed...
35
35

static IP setting
I've been running my Pi on a WiFi dongle for quite some time with a static IP address set in /etc/hosts, and it seems happy, but in due course, I want to move it over to a wired connection, with a...
8
8

Upgrade with losing settings?
Is it possible to upgrade from Linux 3.2.27 to Linux 3.6.11 without losing any settings (such as Wi-Fi configuration, device name, NTP configuration etc. etc.)? If so, how?
19
19

Combining Multiple Video on Screen
I like to combine the video from multiple cameras to display on the screen at one time. Perhaps like picture in picture, or maybe like security monitors where they split the screen into four...
1
1

Need to modify source and recompile: C !
I really hate having to grovel with C's . When I tried a test-run of minimalist helloWorld, copied from my PC archive, it 'failed'; and I don't want to waste time refreshing my memory with this...
18
18

Zbar usage with the Raspberry Pi Camera Module
Hi, does anyone know if we could use the Raspberry Pi Camera Module to scan in barcodes, perhaps with Zbar... and if not, what we could use instead? Would prefer to use the Camera module if possible....
2
2

Can Someone Explain the Video Drivers to Me?
I have heard many times that the SOC used in the rPi has a closed video engine with a binary only driver. I have also heard that we really don't need to care about that. But then I saw this today in...
21
21

'the cat sat on the mat': learn reading?
I remember the brilliant stik-man-cartoon Spanish-tutor-book. Yo soy un hombre .... So, for languages that are less phoenetic than Spanish, how would you setup a system, using eg. `scratch`, so that...
2
2

British education: fraud?
So the universities are struggling for money -- globally? But isn't "going to" school/work ... passee, as Tofler explained in his 'Third wave' in 1975 [was it]? ...continued bellow ... ------ RPi's:...
3
3