Latest threads in Raspberry Pi Groupshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Nice retro take on a Pi
-- Cheers, John. /================================================================= | Internode Ltd - | |-----------------------------------------------------------------| | John Rumm -...
2
2

Strange - setting up new iPad halts Raspberry Pi using Wi-Fi?
I have five Raspberry Pi cards, three of which are connected via Wi-Fi. On two of those three, the computers appeared to halt at just the same time as I was setting up a new iPad 5. They are all...

Someone was looking for pi news sites etc
You could try He updates daily and has links to many useful sites toiler

Recommended Sites for Pi News?
Which are the best sites to bookmark for rPi news? -- tim
7
7

Diverting Audio to 3.5mm skt
There have been several queries about using HDMI output butgetting the sound via the 3.5mm socket. A configuration change was posted this week in the Rool Forum. The original source was - I have just...
1
1

TotalSystem: rPi+PSU+mouse+RCAcable.
]Ethernet over twisted pair was designed to leverage standard structured ]wiring - the RJ45 ports spread throughout offices and so on are not ]"ethernet" ports but "structured wiring" ports intended...
17
17

Anybody doing plan9?
8
8

What does it use instead of `pppd` for G3dongle?
Someone kindly pointed me to the archive to fetch `eject`. Thank you! So, now the 3Gdongle switches from CD to modem mode. On my slak:PC, modifying the old chat-script which calls `pppd` works fine....
7
7

USB Ethernet Adapter disables onboard Adapter?
Hi there, I want to use one of my Pis as an firewall. So I bought an USB Ethernet Adapter. Everytime I connect the adapter the onboard ethernet adapter seems to be disabled. Is this something I could...
22
22

HOW2 simplify rPi & increase user-base.
rPi claimed to be . We know how difficult it is for techies to discipline themselves and not, /get-carried-away. That's why you write the spec before you starting to code; you make a flight-plan...
24
24

Cursed ethernet!
OK, so I went out and bought a crossover cable which is just a piece of wire, costing more than 60% of the rPi complete computer. So the slak-boys say I must do `netconfig`, which I obviously skipped...
86
86

Problem setting up a webcam with motion
I'm trying to set up an IP webcam using "motion" to act as motion sensing software. I can access the webcam over my LAN, but I'm having problems with motion. I've had a rummage around on the web, but...
3
3

No `pppd`: HOW can install ?
If I could have info on HOW2 manually install `eject`, perhaps the G3 dongle could continue with the regrettably hidden details of instalation: fetchURL, fetchFile. Otherwise you need to go via your...
27
27

Connecting Raspberry Pi to Apple iigs
Hi, I recently purchased a Raspberry Pi model B. I would like to connect this unit to my Apple 2gs (rom 3) and run emulation and communicate from the pi. What cable hardware would I need to accomplish...
5
5

Fast start and safe switch off
I have a potential use for a Raspberry Pi where the people using it would not be computer savvy. They would not want to wait for it to start up and, more importantly, they would be likely to switch it...
28
28