Latest threads in Raspberry Pi Groupshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

RISC OS White Screen of Death
At last with the Raspberry Pi RISC OS has caught up with Windows! It now has its own equivalent of The MicroSoft Blue screen of Death. Configuring the Screen blank delay produces a "White screen of...
6
6

I2C drive capability
Hi, I have a SKPANG relay board connected to my Pi, which works fine at address 020. I then connect a couple of TMP102 temperature sensors to the I2C from the relay board via fairly (5M) long cables....
12
12

Raspberry-Pi -> VGA socket monitor?
Can you piggy back converters, e.g. HDMI -> DVI -> VGA by using a HDMI -> DVI plus DVI->VGA converter? Would that work? I know that this will not include sound, but sound can be taken from the round...
4
4

Kernel - why the need to recompile to add PPS support?
Folks, At the moment, I am recompiling the Wheezy kernel to add PPS support (required for NTP timekeeping amongst other things). However, I do also note the capability to add modules at boot-up by...
12
12

wifi and wpa_supplicant
Hi all, I?m having some trouble with setting up my pis to connect to an ad-hoc network created on my laptop (OS X 10.9). I have no problem connecting to other networks. Basically, it seems that if I?m...
4
4

power from bigger computer
I'm seeking a second opinion about an idea. I'd like to power a Raspberry Pi from a larger computer. I can't think of anything that could go wrong with the setup I'm proposing. Background: I have a...
7
7

Made a webpage for the Raspberry Pi FS132 matrix display driver
Made a webpage for the Raspberry Pi FS132 matrix display driver Youtube demo of scrolling text:
3
3

Smart conservatory project using a Raspberry Pi
Rob

Please paste small asm-listing of:
ldr r0,=0x20200000 mov r1,#1 lsl r1,#18 str r1,[r0,#4] mov r1,#1 lsl r1,#16 str r1,[r0,#40] loop$: b loop$ === and also of:- mov r2,#0x3F0000 wait1$: sub r2,#1 cmp r2,#0 bne wait1$ I'll tell you what...
57
57

Errors when cross-compiling the kernel
Trying to cross-compile the Raspberry Pi kernel on a Debian 7 virtual PC. I've got quite a way through the process, and it seems to start compiling, but I'm getting the following error: HOSTLD...
87
87

RS Components Model B plus Raspbian
Any experiences of this, is it any good, any known gotchas, etc
2
2

ASCII art
I was looking for ideas for new MOTD screens for my Raspberry Pis when I found this website: Great fun! -- . .. .x+=:. .xHL @88> x .d88" z` ^% .-`8888hxxx~ %8P 5888R . 888" 8888 888& .888B . .888888P`...
54
54

Pi trap
Has anyone looked into the possibility of building a mousetrap which would detect the presence of mice and humanely (?) electrocute them? Some kind of proximity or motion detector plus a set of...
32
32

pink plastic box or white paper box
which raspis are delivered in the pink plastic box and which ones in the white cardboard box? Do you know from the boxing where they are manufactured? And is there any difference? AFAIK the specs are...
8
8

Increase screen resolution via composite output?
Hi, Is there anyway to increase the resolution from 654x480 (I think) via composite output? It seems to be stuck on that resolution only. TIA
34
34