Latest threads in Raspberry Pi Groupshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

headless noobs
I'm about to take delivery of my second pi. The first one came with raspian pre-installed, but I understand the current default is NOOBS. I have never used the display/keyboard on a pi, and I don't...
11
11

How's espeak?
I use rPi to listen to text-files: lying down, when it's too stressfull to read them. The TextToSpeech is done on a PC by 'festival'. The latest [2010] festival is a research project of university,...
1
1

Openbox language
How can I set the language of that Openbox GUI to German? Will this affect applications, as well? I'm interested in using the Libre Office in German? hs
2
2

Shutdown
Is my observation correct, that the shutdown procedure may only be invoked by a sudoer? I.e. when I'm logged in as an "ordinary" userI have to log out, log in as "pi" or someone to be able to...
3
3

Southampton, UK, talk on multiple Pi "supercomputer"
Monday, 10 February 2014, Professor Simon Cox: Supercomputing with multiple Raspberry Pi venue: Southwestern Arms (upstairs room) , 36 Adelaide Rd, St Denys, Southampton, SO17 2HW Time: 19:00 for talk...
3
3

Hydrogen powered Pi?
Just saw in last week's NewScientist (Jan 18 p.19) that someone is coming out with a fuel-cell powered USB phone charger. Wonder if that could be used to power a Pi -- and for how long per canister?...
30
30

Race timer, 8 channel switch bank ~1kHz sampling
Using a RPi, I want to monitor 8 manual switches (simple on/off, probably push button, maybe something like photo cell later) with about 1 millisecond resolution. Aiming for reliable 0.01 s timing of...
9
9

Small display (e.g. 7" or so) for use with Pi - where can one buy?
I'm after a small screen to use with a Raspberry Pi, 7" or a bit less would suit. Is it possible to buy such a thing at a reasonable price?
22
22

Record and play back IR remote sequence
My heat pump (for indoor house heating) has a timer, but it can only time one day in advance. No good when I'm away for several days. So, I was thinking, I could use a RPI to sample the IR signal from...
5
5

FreeBSD
Is there any FreeBSD img available? I have tried but it doesn't work, hangs at the boot loader.
4
4

Omxplayer No Analog Sound Out On Raspberry PI
Hello, We are tring to bring up OMX player in our RPI setup with HDMI video and a nalog Audio jack. Initailly we tested the omxplayer from Raspbien image suc cesfully for both audio as well as video....
4
4

8086tiny: small (25k), portable PC emulator
"8086tiny is a free, open source PC XT-compatible emulator/virtual machine written in C. It is, we believe, the smallest of its kind (the fully- commented source is under 25K). Despite its size,...
1
1

Installation of LibreOffice fails
I tried to install LibreOffice via the Pi Store. It failed: -----cut--- This script will install libreoffice but needs root permissions to do so Please type in your password Unpacking...
7
7

Pi nest box camera
My wife wants to spy on "our" blue tits - she's not interested in other people's webcams. I want an excuse to buy a Raspberry Pi camera and another Pi. I was thinking of screwing a Pi to the underside...
3
3

This is amazing- build your own raspberry-pi tablet!
http://crave.cnet.co.uk/gadgets/fan-built-raspberry-pi-tablet-the-pipad-has-plywood-case-50013238/ Make this impressive Raspberry Pi all-in-one PiPad which is usable, portable, and Linux based.
1
1