Latest threads in Raspberry Pi Groupshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Fixed IP address problems
I've had the Pi working for some time using DHCP on a wired connection to my modem/router and connected to a wired dual boot Windows 8/Linux Mint desktop. Putty and Ultra VNC both work and I can ping...
41
41

IEEE Spectrum magazine (July 2013)
Has a nice, if brief, article by Stephen Cass about using the Pi with an old television tuner to create software-defined radio (SDR).
5
5

gi' me a two. gi' me a zero.
Have resumed my (rightful) place as "the class swot". hex zam is 45Qs and lasts 75mins. I got 100% and finished in 20mins. Me M6 no more If this post molishes no sense to you then you don't understand...
13
13

Audio jack specifications?
Hello. To my understanding there is still no proper electrical datasheet of the RPi. Nevertheless, does someone have information on the 3.5 mm audio jack? In particular: what is the voltage range of...
20
20

Raspberry Pi as digital DVB-S TV transmitter
I settled on a final design for a very simple digital TV transmitter for the Raspberry Pi The block diagram: The circuit diagram: The test board: Not all chips are used for this, the AD9761 and AD8346...
14
14

SDHC cards - real speeds
I was planning to order another couple of SDHC cards. Class 10 seems to be the fast option. However I am seeing different speeds claimed for different cards. claims up to 17BM/sec write speed. claims...
3
3

heat sinks?
The Pi Hut (who do nice accessories for the RPi) are recommending heatsinks for some of the chips on the RPi board. They supply a thermal-imaging camera picture of the board, with three obvious...
1
1

Announce: Book: Assimilating the Raspberry Pi
I am pleased to announce a new in-depth book about the Raspberry Pi: Assimilating the Raspberry Pi, by Warren Gay. ( ) This book is targeted at the college level student or hobbyist, who is interested...
26
26

Spot the (nearly) hidden flaw - HDMI <-> DVI cable
Ordered one because it was recommended on a Pi forum. Then I looked at my order because it hadn't shipped. Usual shipping 10-12 WEEKS! Umm....3 months? So now cancelled, and looking for something a...
7
7

microSD vs. SD
Why was the raspberry pi board designed to hold SD cards, instead of microSD cards? I know workarounds and adapters, but I wonder why SD was selected in the first place. I no longer buy SD cards,...
16
16

Wireless webcam and Pi
I'm looking at installing a wireless webcam (with IR for night vision) on the outside of the house, and using motion sensing software on my Pi to capture any excitement that happens. Any...
16
16

Cheap(ish) portable monitor
Now I know that the Pi is supposed to be cheap but you keep finding extra things to buy. I was wondering about a screen, between 7" and 10", as found in loads of tablets. Doesn't even have to be a...
13
13

Has anyone tried on of the VGA adaptors on a Pi?
I know CPC have a few, but I was wondering what kind of results they get? I have an application where I could probably retire a PC from a shop display function, and drop a pi in place - but it would...
12
12

Shrinking the SD card occupancy
When you start up an RPi you get and option to expand the file system to fill the card. An unfortunate side effect of this is that if you have an 8 GB card (for example), the image of that card you...
64
64

OT "locked down"
In another thread (Why does the Raspberry Pi exist?) a number of respondents have used the phrase "locked down" of school computers. What does it mean? I think I have, from time to time, heard of...
14
14