Wolfram/Mathematica spams rPi victims.

Wolfram/Mathematica really insults the users' intelligence. Even using a text-only-http-fetcher to avoid the zigaBytes-of-crap thrown in-yo-face. After a chain of 3 links, I still get no INFORMATION, but just more links, with the SAME-REPEATED american-hard-sell. !! LIFE IS BETTER WITH COKE !! ======= I'm at: Working with String Patterns-Wolfram Language Documentation (p4 of 7)

Working with String Patterns

Introduction

General String Patterns

Regular Expressions

RegularExpression versus StringExpression .... If I PAY to go-on to: "RegularExpression versus StringExpression" will I get any INFORMATION other than the repeated !! LIFE IS BETTER WITH COKE !!

Or will I just show how gullible I am to this scam?

WDYS?

Reply to
Unknown

If you post the link(s) you're having trouble with someone might be able to help.

Reply to
Joe Beanfish

Considering the author, I suspect nobody will bother ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

Wolfram uses a very deceptive & inovative [for me] method. Instead of allowing you to d/l material, to be RE-studied at your convenience, they use the full-power of current technology to lock you into LIVE tuition, where they have control of your every move. So eg. the live [always on connection] session would look like: In[1] 2 +3 Out [1]

Reply to
Unknown

*you* can't be helped, if you don't accept that their business-model is to just keep you tantelised: like putting the bred & milk at the back of the supermarket, so that you have to walk past all the bling-garbage hi-margen-products to get to the 'essentials'.

But here's a technical query: how to read *.nb files in non-X mode?

== TIA

Reply to
Unknown

Though ISTR you're allergic to PDF files too ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

Not familiar with "nb" format. Presumably graphics? Perhaps zgv?

Or fbida?

Perhaps ImageMagick convert to convert it to a more common format?

Joe Beanfish

Mathematica Notebook file.

Reply to
Rob Morley

Unknown troll dog is trolling again. Nota bene (.nb) is a 'doze word processor

Nothing to do with this newsgroup.

Just ignore his posts, or better still, killfile him..

Reply to
Tony van der Hoff

Maybe that, too, but they're also Mathematica notebook files. Mathematica is free on the RPi. If non-X, the Mathematica kernel is available as `wolfram' but I don't think it can open notebooks. However, it does accept all functions/calculations and can export graphics to file.

Highly recommended.

Reply to
A. Dumas

Well yes, apart from the fact that I'm stuck in the 3rd [going 4th] world: rPi is a project; not to be hi-jacked by propriete?ory interests.

OTOH pdf can be justified for ; eg. Wolfram. Did I mention the W/M shat-out my whole rest-of-the-month's inet quota? Now I see that my sweating-blood-to-collect W/M:tutorial dir has gone. Perhaps W/M's d/l contained a bomb.

Reply to
Unknown

Could we care less?

Reply to
druck

Please don't feed the troll. "Unknown"'s post are best ignored.

--
Tomasz Torcz                 "God, root, what's the difference?"
xmpp: zdzichubg@chrome.pl         "God is more forgiving."

Please don't feed the troll. "Unknown"'s posts are best ignored.

--
Tomasz Torcz                 "God, root, what's the difference?"
xmpp: zdzichubg@chrome.pl         "God is more forgiving."
Reply to
Tomasz Torcz

OK, you suggest that W/M needs running-X to display *.nb ? Since I've put W/M on a separate SD [being such a monster], I'll need to sacrifice the keybrd-USB to view *.nb by running W/M in a card-reader

Fortunately, you can do keybrd operations via mouse with `wily`, if you pre-plan.

What "IT" does accept all functions/calculations and can export graphics to file? The minimal system can do that, even if it can't display graphics.

== TIA.

Reply to
Unknown

It's right there on there on their download page, "Free! (For non-commercial use) (?)" The circled ? leads to:

There's your license agreement. Among other things, it states "Certain functionality in the Product may require the Software to access collections of data available through external servers."

Sounds like they want to be able to communicate back to the mothership, and I doubt they've implemented RFC 1149/2549/6214.

Also on that page is a list of legal agreements for various Wolfram products, terms of use, privacy policies and the like.

isn't looking good, either.
I R A Darth Aggie

pi.html

What you have written is perfectly correct. The way you have chosen to snip my contents is deceptive - like Wolfram. I just want to help rPi users avoid my mistake, as I would hope others would help me too.

Reply to
Unknown