Re: Wolfram Language and Mathematica now FREE for Raspberry Pi

I needed to make a link ln -s /opt/Wolfram/WolframEngine/10.0/Executables/math /usr/local/bin/math so it would find the command line math version, much faster. I was playing with some audio, it can load the audio package: # math In[2]:=

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

On 24/11/2013 15:36, Jan Panteltje wrote: []

They do say the "language" part is beta (or even alpha).

Thanks for posting some of your test results.

--
Cheers,
David

On Sun, 24 Nov 2013 15:36:43 GMT, Jan Panteltje wrote in :

Exponent? 1.83599e6 metres? Looks about right on Google Earth.

--
Ivan Reid, School of Engineering & Design, _____________  CMS Collaboration,
Brunel University.    Ivan.Reid@[brunel.ac.uk|cern.ch]    Room 40-1-B12, CERN

Using an R function [*] which assumes a perfectly spherical Earth:

[1] 1833.872

A high-precision geodesic calculator [**] gives 1835989m.

[*]

The function is apparently available in the "fossil" package.

R is genuinely free software with a huge number of extension packages which runs nicely on a Raspberry Pi as well as Linux and Windoze.

[**]
Hils

On a sunny day (Mon, 25 Nov 2013 19:41:24 +0000 (UTC)) it happened "Ivan D. Reid" wrote in :

Ah, yes, should have seen that...

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

I read some of you excellent:

and filed others for later. Life is short, so we don't want to open another canOworms that leads nowhere. Is an imediately usable downloadable? You'd want to use your PC, rather than rPi?

Is there an ARM group? .. where I could eg. just get the few bytes for: load Immediate #N -> regR store regR -> memory(Adr)

Reply to
Unknown

On a sunny day (Sat, 14 Dec 2013 07:19:30 +0000 (UTC)) it happened Unknown wrote in :

Thank you.

Mathematica is not free for the PC.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje