VLC on rpi 3b+ / stretch

VLC on my rpi3b+ with raspbian stretch has gone flaky. VLC on my rpi3b wit h stretch is fine. VLC also fine on rpi4b (4Gig) running buster. I can pl ay fast forward (4x - 6x) on 3b and 4b. But VLC on 3b+ needs .67x or slowe r. Preferences are the same on all (hardware accel is auto). VLC is versi on 3.0.10 on all. VLC used to run on the 3b+ ok but went flaky after a rec ent update/upgrade. I can't see what changed. Any clues or help? I have temporarily switched to omxplayer or Kodi on the 3b+ for video.

Thanks for advice. --Steven

Reply to
nelsonse48

ith stretch is fine. VLC also fine on rpi4b (4Gig) running buster. I can play fast forward (4x - 6x) on 3b and 4b. But VLC on 3b+ needs .67x or slo wer. Preferences are the same on all (hardware accel is auto). VLC is ver sion 3.0.10 on all. VLC used to run on the 3b+ ok but went flaky after a r ecent update/upgrade. I can't see what changed. Any clues or help? I hav e temporarily switched to omxplayer or Kodi on the 3b+ for video.

Resolved: I added "dtoverlay=vc4-fkms-v3d" to my /boot/config.txt. Acce lerated playback now works on my rpi3-s.

--Steven

Reply to
Steven Nelson