Struggling to read signals from IR diode

I'm using Pi3, Rasberry Pi OS Buster.

Diode: TSOP38238

The diode is connected to GND, 3.3V and GPIO14 (= header pin 8)

In /boot/config.txt:

dtoverlay=gpio-ir,gpio_pin=14

The IR configuration seems to be OK and assigned to /sys/class/rc/rc0.

$ ir-keytable Found /sys/class/rc/rc0/ (/dev/input/event0) with: Name: gpio_ir_recv Driver: gpio_ir_recv, table: rc-rc6-mce LIRC device: /dev/lirc0 Attached BPF protocols: Operation not permitted Supported kernel protocols: lirc rc-5 rc-5-sz jvc sony nec sanyo mce_kbd rc-6 sharp xmp imon Enabled kernel protocols: lirc rc-6 bus: 25, vendor/product: 0001:0001, version: 0x0100 Repeat delay = 500 ms, repeat period = 125 ms

But I get no results from:

$ ir-keytable -t -s rc0 Testing events. Please, press CTRL-C to abort.

I've also tested with multiple remote controls, other diodes, different sets of wires, different GPIO pins...

Not really sure how to go about debugging further.

Daniele

Reply to
D.M. Procida

It turns out that ir-keytable -t without specifying the -s (sysdev) flag did the trick. I don't understand *why* though!

Daniele

Reply to
D.M. Procida