RPi2b - bricked?

Hi, So I was using my adafruit USB serial cable to do some bare metal OS development on my Raspberry Pi (2 Model B, version 1.1). I used the serial line to get output, as well as to boot my kernel, so I didn't have to rewrite the SD card every five minutes. As I connected my serial cable (which was plugged into to my laptop), the power connector made contact with a GPIO pin (on the side, where there is exposed metal).

The Pi now powers on with a solid PWR/ACT light, no matter what I do with the SD card. I'm guessing I've burnt out the SoC, am I right?

--
Nathaniel Cleland, St Anne's College, Oxford
Reply to