Recording the Screen?

Even then you used the wrong tools. Even in 1981 or so, the tool used by professionals for building Forth systems was a Forth cross compiler. A Forth in assembler is for amateurs.

Language/implementation design issue.

I've never seen a Forth that did that. Normally comments are discarded. Sounds like amateur hour again.

Yesterday was bad for people like you, today is worse, and tomorrow will be awful.

Stephen

--
Stephen Pelc, stephen@vfxforth.com
Reply to

you didn't change the subject :-)

Reply to
Jim Jackson

For people like me, there is no tomorrow.

--
?People believe certain stories because everyone important tells them,
and people tell those stories because everyone important believes them.

VLC actually has the ability to do this. In short, you do X11 capture on the RPi, while recording the voice over. Later you can use ffmpeg or mencoder or something similar to combine the audio and video and do a sound sync.

to make raw V4L video capture from the X11 display:

cvlc --no-sout-display --sout-video --sout file://./screencap.temp.raw \ --screen-left=0 --screen-top=0 --screen-width=800 \ --screen-height=480 \ --screen-fps=25.000000 --live-caching=300 screen://

typically you need to post-crunch the video with something like 'mencoder' or it won't play

mencoder -idx -o ./screencap.mp4 -ovc x264 -demuxer rawvideo -rawvideo format=bgra:w=800:h=480:size=3456000 -sb 300 screencap.temp.raw

(you may have to experiment with the numbers for w, h, and size, as well as the '-sb' value - these were derived from the settings I use for a larger screen resolution)

hope this helps.

--
(aka 'Bombastic Bob' in case you wondered)

'Feeling with my fingers, and thinking with my brain' - me
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Big Bad Bob