Raspberry 400

Yes. However, the implementation is different but the result is the same, and there's much more info on the PAE page.

Reply to
A. Dumas

I believe that it is more correct to say "every tab is at least one separate process." I had Chromium and top both open yesterday. I had one tab open and brought up wunderground.com. There were 8-10 chromium-browser processes that suddenly popped up and remained persistent until I closed the browser. If you are not familiar with that website, it is a weather site with a lot of ads (non-pop-up).

  • SLMR 2.1a * Aibohphobia, n. -- the fear of palindromes.
Reply to
Mike Powell

Sorry that is true, I was just concentrating on the memory usable by single applications (I have a system test that uses over 6GB).

I don't think I've managed to get Chromium processes to use up all the memory even on my 4GB Pi 4B yet, I obviously need to try harder!

---druck

Reply to
druck

There's probably a process hanging on each open websocket.

C:\>WIN                                     | A better way to focus the sun
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Ahem A Rivet's Shot

Sure, it's a good multithreaded app. But I imagine there is ultimately one root process per tab that has to accumulate stuff from all the others and build the page as a monolithic data structure. I don't know.

Reply to
A. Dumas