Anaconda on Ubuntu for a Pi 4?

From searching the web, I get the impression there's no up to date
version of Anaconda for Raspbian.  Does anyone know if it's possible
to install Anaconda on a 64-bit Ubuntu server installation on a Pi 4?

Thanks.

--
gardens of nocturne, forbidden delights,
reins of steel, and it's all right

Re: Anaconda on Ubuntu for a Pi 4?

Probably, but better switch to the Ubuntu Desktop 20.10 version for
Raspberry Pi. In my experience it's a lot smoother than Ubuntu Server
20.04 + added desktop. That's partially my limited experience with
installing desktops on server distros, but mainly I think a whole lot of
improvements in the 20.10 RPi version.

(They do say that 20.10 Desktop requires a Pi4 4 GB, so it might not
work on a Pi4 with 1 or 2 GB.)

Re: Anaconda on Ubuntu for a Pi 4?

I don't actually need a desktop/GUI --- I was planning to run it
headlessly & use ssh.

--
a rose that's not from anywhere that you would know or I would care

Re: Anaconda on Ubuntu for a Pi 4?

Remove everythng you don't need...

Re: Anaconda on Ubuntu for a Pi 4?

What's the advantage of installing "desktop" & removing what you can
find of what you don't need, instead of installing "server" & adding
things as you discover you need them?

Re: Anaconda on Ubuntu for a Pi 4?

Maybe he meant: go with the server version to begin with.

Until last week or so the advantage was that 20.10 Desktop seems a lot
smoother on the Pi than 20.04 Server. But now they released separate
20.10 Server versions: https://ubuntu.com/download/raspberry-pi so I'd
say use that except if you simply must have the longer support of 20.04.

Re: Anaconda on Ubuntu for a Pi 4?

If, for any reason, somebody decides to stop updating "server" version
you can install what you have and remove packages you do not need.
I usually install only the basic packages on my Debian machine and
install only the thing I need.
Partitioning, kernel, apt... and than install packages I need.

Site Timeline