New BBC and Absolute radio streaming URLS

The issue is that giving the streams away allows people to contravene the licence, buy a UK VPS and build a proxy server

Mark Twain
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Come to Germany and you'll see how enormously grateful I am for the BBC. Whatever do you have in mind, that could be even comparable to them?

I used to listen on longwave after the demise of the British forces' BFBS. You can't think what a great change podcasts and streeams have made to my listening.

--

/ \  Mail | -- No unannounced, large, binary attachments, please! --
Reply to

I sympathise. In continental Europe on FM the only classical music radio was re-broadcasts for Radio 3 concerts and nothing in Germany

Indeed

twenty-first century?s developed world went into hysterical panic over a
globally average temperature increase of a few tenths of a degree, and,
on the basis of gross exaggerations of highly uncertain computer
projections combined into implausible chains of inference, proceeded to
contemplate a rollback of the industrial age.

Richard Lindzen
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

?? Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, France; those are the ones I know; they all have at least one national radio station with classical music.

(And at least until recently all on FM, now maybe DAB+, I don't know.)

Reply to
A. Dumas

France Musique was/is in Europe.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
charles

I neither need nor want music on radio, although I agree that if it can't be avoided classic is better than most. BBC Radio 4 is all about content delivered through the spoken word. Not everything is to my taste or interest, bit enough to make hard sometinmes to keep up with listening to all the podcasts and recordings coming in.

--

/ \  Mail | -- No unannounced, large, binary attachments, please! --
Reply to
Axel Berger

Interesting, I gather you're talking about this:

However I don't know of any such regulations in Australia and the ABC hides their internet radio links too. I don't even want to build my own internet radio with them - I just want to paste them into XMMS running on my PC and press play. It's no more technical than viewing the webpage where they tell you to use their smart phone app instead.

Their URLs have been known to change too, of course.

--
__          __
#_ < |\| |< _#

Listening to Framce Musique right now. Using

Bob Eager

That's fine if you want to listen to Globalist Left-wing propaganda and nothing else. Personally I can't bear it.

You must be joking. When I was living in Germany ISTR there was no shortage of classical music on both TV and radio. De Radio Kultur did a lot of it (that's the only station name I can remember as it was a good few years ago).

Yes indeed, but *nothing* the BBC has to offer, I'm sorry to say.

--

"Andrey Semyonovitch really was rather stupid; he attached himself to the progressive cause and 'our younger generation' from enthusiasm. He was one of the numerous and varied legion of dullards, of half-animate abortions, conceited, half-educated coxcombs who attach themselves to the idea most in fashion, only to vulgarise it and who caricature every cause they serve, however sincerely."

- Fyodor Dostoevsky

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Direct links:

A. Dumas

It's Doom. He hates all good things British. Why he fled the country.

--
*I like cats, too.  Let's exchange recipes.

                  To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Has he got ginger hair and living in a Californian mansion?

Reply to
MB

The Natural Philosopher in data 14/3/2021 20:40 ha scritto:

The Italian RAI has a dedicated radio for classical music:

Tilt
Reply to
Tilt from Arch

Ahh, thanks! Was just listening to the Blues Show on BBC Radio 2 (old link), and got the dreaded "22 March" message for the first time. I just tried your revised link and it works fine.

The way I'm reading all the stuff on the BBCSounds help, though, I'm wondering if it will *keep* working after 22 March! They talk about providing "authorized providers" with an "API key". Know anything about that?

Thanks,

-- Pete --

Reply to
Pete

Couldn't find em driving through Germany: Netherlands, Belgium and France, I did.

Mostly re broadcasts of BBC radio 3....

--
In todays liberal progressive conflict-free education system, everyone
gets full Marx.

In article , David Taylor wrote:

Here ya go... (A quick reformat using a utility of mine... (:-))

"Classic FM"=>"

", "Absolute Radio"=>"
", "Absolute Classic Rock"=>"
", "Absolute Radio 60s"=>"
", "Absolute Radio 70s"=>"
", "Absolute Radio 80s"=>"
", "Absolute Radio 90s"=>"
", "Absolute Radio 00s"=>"
", "LBC UK" => "
", "BBC - Radio 1"=>"
", "BBC - Radio 2"=>"
", "BBC - Radio 3"=>"
", "BBC - Radio 4"=>"
", "BBC - Radio 5 live (UK only)"=>"
", "BBC - Radio 5 live (non-UK)"=>"
", "BBC - Radio 6 Music"=>"
", "BBC - Radio 1Xtra"=>"
", "BBC - Radio 4 Extra"=>"
", "BBC - Radio 5 Live sports extra (UK only)"=>"
", "BBC - Radio Asian Network"=>"
", "BBC - BBC World Service"=>"
", "BBC - BBC CWR"=>"
", "BBC - BBC Essex"=>"
", "BBC - BBC Hereford Worcester"=>"
", "BBC - Radio Berkshire"=>"
", "BBC - Radio Bristol"=>"
", "BBC - Radio Cambridge"=>"
", "BBC - Radio Cornwall"=>"
", "BBC - Radio Cumbria"=>"
", "BBC - Radio Cymru"=>"
", "BBC - Radio Cymru 2"=>"
", "BBC - Radio Derby"=>"
", "BBC - Radio Devon"=>"
", "BBC - Radio Foyle"=>"
", "BBC - Radio Gloucestershire"=>"
", "BBC - Radio Guernsey"=>"
", "BBC - Radio Humberside"=>"
", "BBC - Radio Jersey"=>"
", "BBC - Radio Kent"=>"
", "BBC - Radio Lancashire"=>"
", "BBC - Radio Leeds"=>"
", "BBC - Radio Leicester"=>"
", "BBC - Radio Lincolnshire"=>"
", "BBC - Radio London"=>"
", "BBC - Radio Manchester"=>"
", "BBC - Radio Merseyside"=>"
", "BBC - Radio nan Gaidheal"=>"
", "BBC - Radio Newcastle"=>"
", "BBC - Radio Norfolk"=>"
", "BBC - Radio Northampton"=>"
", "BBC - Radio Nottingham"=>"
", "BBC - Radio Orkney"=>"
", "BBC - Radio Oxford"=>"
", "BBC - Radio Scotland FM"=>"
", "BBC - Radio Scotland MW"=>"
", "BBC - Radio Sheffield"=>"
", "BBC - Radio Shropshire"=>"
", "BBC - Radio Solent"=>"
", "BBC - Radio Solent West Dorset"=>"
", "BBC - Radio Somerset Sound"=>"
", "BBC - Radio Stoke"=>"
", "BBC - Radio Suffolk"=>"
", "BBC - Radio Surrey"=>"
", "BBC - Radio Sussex"=>"
", "BBC - Radio Tees"=>"
", "BBC - Radio Ulster"=>"
", "BBC - Radio Wales"=>"
", "BBC - Radio Wiltshire"=>"
", "BBC - Radio WM"=>"
", "BBC - Radio York"=>"
", "BBC - Three Counties Radio"=>"
"

-- Pete --

Reply to
Pete

[] Brilliant, many thanks!
--
Cheers,
David

Don't quite understand what your getting at here are you saying theres no classic stations in Germany or ones worth listening to?

Still got Bayern Klassik?..

Let alone the excellent Czech D-Dur service from Prague:)

Tony Sayer

tony sayer

No, I am saying that I found none on FM radio while driving from Dunquerque to Koblenz..after Aachen.

--
Renewable energy: Expensive solutions that don't work to a problem that
doesn't exist instituted by self legalising protection rackets that

Not sure who "you" is in your answer. In this thread I'm exclusively speaking about radio, i.e. the spoken word, while several others are going on about music.

Music, specifically classic music is by definition old and can come from anywhere like a deceased relative's record collection. Radio is valuable for its currently relevant content and must be received now. That's where differences in quality come in. Anyone can put on records.