Can't access share with username & password

Not that I know of. Just installed Raspbian Stretch. Haven't got a clue about a firewall on my Pi.

Reply to
Fokke Nauta

Specifically, that iptables output means that there are no firewall rules blocking traffic.

Reply to
Roger Bell_West

Verb

1 be compatible, similar or consistent; coincide in their characteristics; "The two stories don't agree in many details"; "The handwriting checks with the signature on the check"; "The suspect's fingerprints don't match those on the gun" [syn: match, fit, correspond, check, gibe, tally, agree] [ant: disagree] 2 shift from one side of the ship to the other; "The sail jibbed wildly" [syn: gybe, jib, change course] User Contributed Dictionary English Alternative spellings

gibe gybe

--
The lifetime of any political organisation is about three years before
its been subverted by the people it tried to warn you about.

Anon.
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

This is funny because his first name is Dutch for jib.

Reply to
A. Dumas

OK, thanks.

Reply to
Fokke Nauta

Used to live in the UK for some years. It was always fun when I used my first name ...

Reply to
Fokke Nauta

It's a Windows issue. I got an Android tablet, and all pi shares are visible and accessable. But what's wrong between Windows and the Pi?

Fokke

Reply to
Fokke Nauta

Different levels of LM, NTLM or NTLMv2 security?

Reply to
Andy Burns

In Windows 7 I can see the Pi share, and have access to it when using the name and password. So - it's a Windows 10 issue. In Windos 10 I can see the share, but don't get access.

Reply to
Fokke Nauta

Reply to
Andy Burns

Windows, mostly.

--
When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men in a society, over
the course of time they create for themselves a legal system that

Use this to check if SMBv1 is enabled: Dism /online /Get-Features /format:table | find "SMB1Protocol"

Use this to turn it on: Dism /online /Enable-Feature /FeatureName:"SMB1Protocol" -All

Or to turn it off: Dism /online /Disable-Feature /FeatureName:"SMB1Protocol"

It should be turned on if your server only knows about SMBv1

--
Luuk
Reply to

Thanks. But adding:

lanman auth = no ntlm auth = yes client lanman auth = no

to my share did not solve it. It's a very stubborn problem and it's related to Windows 10 vsus Linux, I guess.

Fokke

Reply to
Fokke Nauta

Did you try the LmCompatibilityLevel registry setting on the client end?

Reply to
Andy Burns

Fokke,

Wans't there also a(n intentional) problem where the "home" version refused to send anything else than the name & password the user was currently logged in with ?

Regards, Rudy Wieser

Reply to
R.Wieser

On 20/07/2019 15:07, Fokke Nauta wrote: []

Suggestions:

Linux:

[ntp] comment = NTP log files path = /var/log/ntpstats read only = yes guest ok = yes [ntp-leapseconds] comment = NTP leapsecond.file path = /home/pi/ntp writeable = yes guest ok = yes

Windows: Features: add the SMB 1.0 support

These example work here.

--
Cheers,
David

Thanks! I added SMB 1 support on Windows 10 and after rebooting I saw the Raspberry Pi in the network! But I still can't log in. User name and password doesn't give access.

Fokke

Reply to
Fokke Nauta

try the username in the format netbiosname backslash username, e.g.

raspberrypi\pi

Reply to
Andy Burns

Thanks,

OK, but: It says: applies to Windows 10.

When I look at: Policy Location Computer Configuration\Windows Settings\Security Settings\Local Policies\Security Options

Sorry, I can't find it.

When I look at:Registry Location HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa\LmCompatibilityLevel

It doesn't exist.

Do I need to create it, and with wat number: 0 to 5 ?

Holy Windows. It's done it again.

Reply to
Fokke Nauta

I already did. No way.

This is really some stubborn thing between Windows and Linux ...

Reply to
Fokke Nauta