Best SPI speed for flashrom on PI Zero W ?

newest flashrom requires spi speed to be provided as an argument, what value can I use with a pi zero w?

Reply to
fugee ohu

Whatever your target device needs. Start with 1000000 (ie 1Mhz)

-Gordon

Reply to
Gordon Henderson

I've been getting a message ending in Read is not working on this chip

Reply to
fugee ohu

Well we're all bleedin' psychic here so you don't have to write that error message out for us. We'll all just concentrate very hard and read your mind.

Reply to
mm0fmf

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo flashrom -p linux_spi:dev=/dev/spidev0.0 -r bad_flash.rom flashrom v0.9.9-r1954 on Linux 4.14.98+ (armv6l) flashrom is free software, get the source code at

Calibrating delay loop... OK. Found Generic flash chip "unknown SPI chip (RDID)" (0 kB, SPI) on linux_spi. === This flash part has status NOT WORKING for operations: PROBE READ ERASE WRITE The test status of this chip may have been updated in the latest development version of flashrom. If you are running the latest development version, please email a report to snipped-for-privacy@flashrom.org if any of the above operations work correctly for you with this flash chip. Please include the flashrom log file for all operations you tested (see the man page for details), and mention which mainboard or programmer you tested in the subject line. Thanks for your help! Read is not working on this chip. Aborting.

Reply to
fugee ohu

Just realized the error I just posted occurs when the clip isn't even connected to the chip

Reply to
fugee ohu