alternative power jack

I'm pondering an application for a B+ that would really do best if I can have all the cables come out of one side. It looks like power input would be the easiest thing to move around. Is it safe to power the Pi through the GPIO header?

--
David Griffith
davidmylastname@acm.org

Yes - although it's recommended that you copy their power input circuit that's on the micro usb connector. The schematics online.

Gordon

Reply to
Gordon Henderson

Would it not be easier to stick a short (angled) extension cable in the micro-USB? That way you're still using the standard protection components.

Reply to
Rob Morley

No, the uUSB connector is on the wrong side of the board.

Removing the hard plastic shell would remove almost on inch of wasted space.

But that should be obvious from looking at the board.

Reply to
hamilton