Subject Author Posted Replies

SPDIF to Analog converter.
This isn't a repair question how ever, I need a SPDIF to analog converter because My LCD TV only has SPDIF for audio output, my new Home theater only has LINE inputs (stereo) but does have digital...
23
23

Tektronix 2465A Error <017F>
Hello everybody, I have an Tektronix 2465A , Serial number B 033501. After power up the on screen display shows a ALL 00 PASS . Presing A/B trigger leaves this screen and the 4 traces forthe 4...
1
1

Ping N. Cook / Casio WK3000
Hi N. Cook, I see you repaired a Casio WK3000 recently. Do you have the schematic? I looked on your site but couldn't see it there. I have a broken one here, not turning on. Cheers, Gareth.
2
2

Atari game console video problems
Hello, I have two old Atari XEGS game consoles (both showing the same problems). When I plug the consoles in and turn it on the image on the TV is vertically scrolling. After leaving the consoles on...
10
10

Who fixes transistor Transoceanics?
Hi- I've got a gorgeous Zenith RD7000Y with a 500MDR70 chassis in near pristine cosmetic condition that plays worse than a $4 drug store cheapie. Who can I trust this gem with to do a first-rate...
15
15

Cleaning soldering iron tips?
Is there any reason why I shouldn't clean iron-plated hot soldering iron tips by poking them into this curly stainless steel ribbon material (3M Scotchbrite stainless steel scouring pad): instead of...
9
9

Sony KLV-40u100m "A" board
On this sonny I have 5volts on pin 8 of PN19 of the "A" board. Everything I have read suggested it is the "A" board. Sony's service manual just says replace the A board if 5 volts is present. Someone...

bose wave radio
hey guys, Im working on a bose wave radio m#awr1-1w I found a transistor shorted in the front of the power supply Q4 I replaced it and it came on and worked for a day. Now it has the same symptoms but...
38
38

Pinout JDS Uniphase Laser Power Supply
Hello I have troubles with a JDS Uniphase Power Supply 2111-65MLQYV. It turns on only from time to time. The start signal comes from an electronic board to the 25pin D-Sub connector. Unfortunately I...
3
3

Vertical color lines on Imiro HD-3201 TV
Almost half of the left side of the screen has developed vertical color lines. The rest of the picture and audio seems OK. Appreciate any service information on this model or advise on how to repair.

Sharp Aquos LC20E1-S LCD TV Strange AC adapter
Hi everyone.. I recently got a Sharp Aquos LC20E1-S LCD TV. The problem is it didn't come with a power brick. The unit runs on 13VDC and uses 54W.. I managed to find a picture of the power brick for...
7
7

Extech AC/DC Clamp Meter Offset
I have an Extech 380652 that seems to work well in general but has an approximately 0.06 A offset in the AC Amps mode on the 20 A range. The user offset adjust pot only works on DC Amps. Does anyone...
8
8

8mm DE-6 chassis out-of-sync - HELP
I have a canon V-500 8mm camcorder that has gone out-of-sync. The service manual refers to "DE-6 (AD68-30200A) for the adjustment and checks of mechanism section". Not being able to find that manual,...
8
8

Cleaning Plated Electrical Contacts?
Have been Googling the proper way to clean plated electrical contacts but either get nothing if use " or a lot of nonrelevant hits without. Am interested in any suggestions esp how to remove the...
36
36

How to open a LINKSYS/CISCO WAG160N or WRT54G2
Can someone please shine a light on how to open this new style linksys casings . Is it possible to make external antenna connectors ?? thanks nitro2
10
10