Subject Author Posted Replies

Samsung LTN325W 32"LCD TV video tearing
Color is a bit flat, with noticeable shadows to the right of images. Sometimes clears up on its own after an hour or so. I'm haven't been inside a TV in quite a while -- certainly not these newfangled...
1
1

Toshiba lcd tv
Hi Does anyone know where I can get the firmware update for a Toshiba 19DV665DB lcd tv ? It has the well known sound fault, which I'm told can be fixed with the upgrade. I've checked the Toshiba...
1
1

Semi-conductor Question
Many years ago (possibly 50) you could buy a module that would take the place of a starting relay or centrifugal cut-out for an AC motor. Where do you find them? (I think I sent for one thru Popular...
21
21

Marrshall amp custom mod front panel
This on a 4100/JCM 900 but presumably found on other wide cab valve amps. Front panel replaced with translucent smoked brown plexi-glass and Marxhall white 3D logo over it, reflective "silver" lining...
7
7

LA4112 amp ic datasheet?
...any ideas on where to get a good quality pdf of this sanyo la4112 ic? the ones I have seen online have been awful - blurred, japanese scans. here's hoping. cheers, B
4
4

Opinions Requested - new 50"+ LCD TV
Well I'm going to replace my 11 yr old 51" Panasonic projector. Not because it doesn't work, actually works very well. It's highest resolution is 480p. I'll be shopping for a new LCD set equal in size...
29
29

Technics SA-R210 Receiver (2023 Update)
I've got an old Technics SA-R210 stereo receiver from the 80's which I've relied on for ages. Woke up this morn and it played for a while, then . Powered down, let it sit 10 min., powered up and it...
19
19

Yamaha RX730 tuner set up
Hello all, I've got a Yamaha RX730 here and the AM is set for 9KHZ steps, and maybe 50us de-emphasis. Anyone got the instructions to change it? I'm guessing it a panel button press or a change in a...
3
3

Best solder free electrical connection
55 years ago, I was afraid of soldering, afraid I wouldn't be able to do it well. I was wrong. It's not that difficult; it just takes a bit of practice. If you're really uncomfortable, ask a friend to...
263
263

Beyond AWG
I have a d'Arsonval meter movement to repair. The voltage coil has a number of breaks and will have to be rewound. After removing the old coil, I measured the wire diameter. It appears to be copper,...
14
14

Technics SA-310 Intermittent Weak Left Channel
Hello all... I thought that I'd clean the badly pitted contacts on the protection relay in my Technics SA-560 receiver and got a little carried away. Turns out I broke some of the fine turns of magnet...
30
30

Sony LCD TV Model KDL-32XBR4 with Colored Vertical Lines Across Screen
Hi, I am a TV service technician working on a Sony LCD TV model KDL-32XBR4 with colored vertical lines across the screen. I have worked on many CRT TVs, but not many LCD TVs yet. I don't have the SM...
2
2

bose 3 2 1, (password override instructions),,
I just wanted to post this, it may not be how Bose does it but it worked; Forgot Parental DVD control password/pin. 1. Insert blank DVD/R or DVD/RW. 2. Press settings. 3. Go to DVD setup menu. 4....

SOIC IC identification hints and tips ?
Has anyone collected together a guide for such as these I've determined, for expanding minimized top mark to full classification The index mark on SOIC consisting of a depression with a Napoleonic N...

Grounded speaker
Peavey mod 054 in a Basic 122, one side of the voive coil grounded to the basket and hence the magnetised polepiece. Ok it strengthens the spade terminal strip but why risk a blown voice coil, from...
1
1