measuring ampermeter meter internal resistance

want to shunt a multimeter to extend it's ac ampermeter range so measured with Rish 14s in ohm meter position about 41 ohms and then measured with Rish 14s its own internal resistance to get 40 ohms Is this way to much -there is some mistake?

but cannot find data about it's internal resistance!)

Reply to
mynick

No Stupid, that's not the way to ampmeter range to higher range. Why did you call yourself Superpower Punk? You don't even know how to multiple the power of your electronic? You see, I am a superdumb-ass and I am very capable to multiple current as well as AmpMeter by 10X.

JF

Reply to
John Fields

New York Makes Internet Impersonation a Crime

California Bans Malicious Online Impersonation

etc...

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

Sadly those who do it, rarely care about laws or crime... What's funny is that the poster is easily traceable. He should have used an anymonous remailer like the others do. (Then he'd be blocked by our filters!)

Reply to
PeterD

--
Thanks for that, and now that I have Mr. I'm-not-all-that-bright's ISP
listed on the header he forged _and_ his real-world name and address

What a lousy impersonation.

The John Fields that we all know (and love?) writes grammatically.

                                       (Richard Feynman)
Reply to
Fred Abse

YOU ARE MORE FUCK-UP ASSHOLE FREAK!

I AM PROTEUS

Reply to
Proteus

Yup, trace his ass John and let me know your success.

Reply to
PeterD

Plonk!

                                       (Richard Feynman)
Reply to
Fred Abse

So good so far.

According to the link the voltage drop is 270 mV at 10 A current. This should not be hard to calculate the internal resistor of the multimeter based of this information :-)

Those values do not make any sense for any realistic current meter (except for some extremely low current applications).

For your own safety, if the 10 Aac current range of the multimeter is not enough, please consider using a current transformer for measuring large 50/60 Hz currents.

And remember that with current transformers, the secondary must _always_ be shorted or connected to a low impedance meter.

Reply to
Paul Keinanen

Oh why did you have to tell him the last part! :)

Reply to
Jamie

He's in California. He's posting from 66.53.26.169 which RDNS resolves to 66-53-26-169.lvgs.mdsg-pacwest.com, which is the dialup modem pool in Stockton, Calif. His message was posted through Toast.net, which is probably his ISP. There's a valid X-Trace header included. This is too easy. What I find personally amusing is that he's using Outlook Express for reading Usenet news, which suggests that he's clueless. Judging by the writing style, I would guess about

17 years old.

$1000 fine and you can sue for damages to your reputation.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Jeff Liebermann

In CA, you can sue for anything...

Actually, I can get sued for what I just said! Because its definition of character for CA :)

Reply to
Jamie

You really learn a lot after serious mistakes, however, what is the point of it, if you are killed by the first mistake ?

Reply to
Paul Keinanen

Who cares? My dick needs to be jacked.

--
Shit! I thought no one knew, goddammit!
http://preview.tinyurl.com/29p4ody

--
Thank you, sir! :-)
Reply to

--
You are shit.
Reply to

On 10/24/2010 9:37 AM Fred Abse spake thus:

So I'm just a little curious. At the risk of opening a can of worms, I ask:

  1. How did you get this geographic location from that posting?
  2. Who, exactly, is "Proteus"?

Like I said, just curious, not dying to know ...

David Nebenzahl

Well, a good way to destroy a milliammeter movement is to use an ohmmeter to measure its resistance (POOF!). Take an adjustable low voltage supply in series with a resistor and tweak for full scale reading. Then connect an adjustable resistor across the meter and adjust for half scale reading. Remove that resistor and measure it. I leave the proof to the student.

Reply to
Robert Baer

Now that i told you how to determine (NOT directly measure) the resistance of a meter, FORGET that happy horsemanure. Use that low voltage adjustable supply and resistor in series;adjust to get full scale reading. Now...hold your breath...measure the VOLTAGE across the meter. THAT is what you want your meter shunt to drop, for full scale reading. So it does not matter if the meter was 5uA, 100uA or 1mA; treat it as if it was a voltmeter, measuring the voltage drop across the ten amp shunt (or whatever you wanted). So, you asked the wrong question (internal resistance).

Reply to
Robert Baer