Type name for a small USB connector?

Smaller than the smallest USB connector I've seen up to now, on compact cameras etc. The connector must pass through 5.8 x 3mm hole in casing. Not trapezoid in cross-section, but rectangular with 2 chamfered corners on a long side

Reply to
N_Cook

Is this of any use?

How about this?

I found all of this in a few seconds.

Reply to
William Sommerwerck

William S has provided a couple of sources showing different types of USB connectors. If you want better quality than just generic, selecting connectors produced by HRS - Hirose, will generally insure that you get a quality connector.

-- Cheers, WB .............

Reply to
Wild_Bill

Appears by description a mini 6 pin USB cable. My Casio EX-Z1050 uses one.

Meat Plow

As recessed in its difficult to see as so small , perhaps 8 ruts with 5 or 6 conductors. But smaller than the USB mini AB type. Under 30x as end on can read 2.2 for the electrical type of USB but still not found a generic name

Reply to
N_Cook

This Casio plug is actually 12 conductor and is wider than a 4 pin mini. I have another camera that uses a much smaller connector maybe 30% smaller than a 4 pin mini. It's almost square with two rounded edges to prevent improper insertion. They seem pretty popular. as i have a couple of them in the cable bin.

Meat Plow

My Konica/Minolta DiMage E 500 camera uses such a connector. The tip measures 0.082" by 0.193", about 2.1mm by 4.9 mm. It has five gold fingers (probably two are power-ground) with asymmetric placement (1 x x x 1 1 1 1 ).

As for a name, or vendor, I dunno.

Reply to
whit3rd

Pimfg.com seems to have them, as 'micro USB' type cables, see

Reply to
whit3rd

Although those connectors may carry USB signals, I think they're not always "USB connectors"; some of the ones on cameras also carry audio/video signals, and they don't mate with similar-appearing USB connectors.

Isaac

Reply to
isw

in

That makes sense but there is a standard USB symbol at this camera connector

Reply to
N_Cook

My Konica/Minolta DiMage E 500 camera uses such a connector. The tip measures 0.082" by 0.193", about 2.1mm by 4.9 mm. It has five gold fingers (probably two are power-ground) with asymmetric placement (1 x x x 1 1 1 1 ).

As for a name, or vendor, I dunno.

********* Sounds like the critter I'll go with the name micro USB . But thinking about it later, I'm currently removing the SD card and reading via a different camera and larger USB. Long term reliability of repeatedly using the large SD contacts must be better than using this micro USB with contacts that are so fine they are on the point of non-resolability of my eyesight.
Reply to
N_Cook