Subject Author Posted Replies

Flat belt mechanics
I don't remember seeing this before. Instead of baluster/bulbous pulley or capstan, two angled faces with a thin ridge in the centre on the drive pinion. So the belt must ride on the ridge but why...
10
10

Useful Resource ...
Site I came across today, whilst searching for a Rotel schematic. Hadn't seen it before. Seems to have quite a lot of useful stuff on it. Arfa
9
9

Standby voltage
Hi! I need to know if there is supposed to be 5 Volts on the control board on Visio TV MDL VW37LHDTV20A Thank you for any info I can get. Vince
3
3

HP Photosmart C8180 All-In-One repaired
Device: HP Model C8180 Photosmart All-In-One Printer/Scanner/Copier Fault: When plugged in, it power cycles over and over by itself. No functions work including Reset (holding power button at AC in)....
1
1

PS3: red LED flashes
This may have been discussed here before but I'm retired now and don't drop in here often. My son's 4 year old Playstation 3 has suddenly died. Powerup shows the green LED, then yellow followed...
5
5

Icemaker in Kenmore fridge...
Doesn't work. *Looks* like the water inlet valve, which delivers water to the icemaker system, is frozen. Has 25VAC applied to it, and the solonoid has continuity, but there is no water flow to the...
2
2

practical lubricity
The car holder for my GPS navigation system uses a ball-and-socket joint. It holds the unit without any slipping -- but no matter how much I fuss with it, I can never get it into exactly the position...
14
14

Appa 63N multimeter, display turns entirely on
Hi I got this as broken, they said I just have to find the right place to the rotating selector, but after cleaning it and rotating it for some time, I see that when I turn it on, the display just...

Hoist brake solenoid buzzes/fluckers instead of steadily pulling
I have a 3 phase Yale 1/2 ton hoist. It has an electric brake with a solenoid, whose job is to pull away the brake lever when 230VAC is supplied to it. The problem is that it does not do it. Instead...
41
41

Interesting Find - Tech Spray Blue Stuff
I recently bought a bunch of stuff from another closed-out repair shop, and came across a rather interesting find. It's a very old can of Tech Spray Blue Stuff, it's nearly full and still works. I...
3
3

ibm laptop predesktop partition?
if you do not get an option to start it in the menu with options f1 go to bios,f12 select temp boot device does that mean it has been ran over(although with undelete program you can see the pre...
7
7

taking apart pcmci card?
KORISNIK wrote in news: try cutting it open with a dremel tool? -- || _____ ____ ____ __ /_/ __ _ ______ _____ / __/ |/ / / / / // // . . \ | | / __ __ _ / / /_/ / _ / / | | _ __ _...
1
1

NAD 3125 amp whooshing noise while powering on.
I have an NAD 3125 power amp. Approximately 15 seconds after it is powered on, there is a whooshing noise and then the audio comes on and plays normally. There is no conventional speaker relay that...
5
5

Hoseki Digital LED Clock
Hi all I have a Hoseki Digital LED Alarm Clock Model H-5008 / 230VAC The primary of the tiny transformer inside has gone open. I have some similar transformers with me but I do not know what is the...
4
4

Searching for a AM broadcaster electronic kit manual C6752
I am searching for a AM broadcaster electronic kit manual from a Chaney Electronics kit. I have bought the kit back in April of 2010, and I got the kit working, BUT I am having a problem finding my...