Knob caps for Tek 2467 scope?

Subject line says it all. Any inexpensive source? I need a half dozen for the knobs like those below the CRT.

Thanks!

-- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ:

Repair | Main Table of Contents:

+Lasers | Sam's Laser FAQ:
| Mirror Sites:

Samuel M. Goldwasser

Samuel M. Goldwasser Inscribed thus:

Have you got a photo. I've an old Tek thats been sat in the garage for the past 20 years. I haven't a clue what it is but if the knobs are any good you are welcome to them.

--
Best Regards:
                          Baron.

Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Jeff Liebermann

Thanks, but at $7-8 each I think I try elsewhere or wait for a cheap parts unit. :)

--
    sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ: http://www.repairfaq.org/

subject line.  Or, you can contact me via the Feedback Form in the FAQs.
Reply to
Samuel M. Goldwasser

Appreciate the offer, but this is for the latest Tek analog scopes (latest meaing 1990s vintage!)

Thanks!

-- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ:

Repair | Main Table of Contents:

+Lasers | Sam's Laser FAQ:
| Mirror Sites:

Samuel M. Goldwasser

snipped-for-privacy@repairfaq.org (Samuel M. Goldwasser) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@repairfaq.org:

make a mold of a good cap and cast your own...you can buy mold making material like dentists use at good hobby stores. FYI,that inexpensive gel stuff for making casts of handprints is only good for one-shots.

I wonder if you could use the 2467 service manual to find the plastics company TEK bought the caps from; maybe they can run off a batch for you. I recall that TEK spun off their plastics manufacturing unit,and then bought from them. there should be a list of manufacturers and the 5 digit code in the front of the parts list section,and the mech.parts list should show the mfg. code for each part.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Samuel M. Goldwasser Inscribed thus:

I just managed to get in under all the junk to see the front of the scope that I have and it says T83. All the knobs seem to be clean and undamaged.

HTH.

--
Best Regards:
                          Baron.

HeHeHe.... Sounds like buying a parts unit would be a whole lot cheaper. I figured you might have a stash of them somewhere. ;-)

--
    sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ: http://www.repairfaq.org/

subject line.  Or, you can contact me via the Feedback Form in the FAQs.
Reply to
Samuel M. Goldwasser

snipped-for-privacy@repairfaq.org (Samuel M. Goldwasser) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@repairfaq.org:

When they closed our Orlando TEK field office,I could have come away with a TON of stuff,lots of manuals,but I didn't have anywhere to put it all. I could have made a lot of money just selling those used manuals. all the test fixtures and custom board extenders I made....ARRRGH. Gone,trashed. Nobody else would have known what to do with them. :-(

bench stock parts,they were all shipped to the DC office,melded in with their stock.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik