RU Familiar with ASUS P5WDH Deluxe Motherboard?

This is a socket 775 motherboard for Intel Core 2 or Pentium CPUs.

I have never been able to get the IDE and SATA drives to work together. No problem if I set up for only SATA or only IDE, but not together. The manual talks in detail about setting up the SATA as RAID, but not simple SATA. I am running linux.

My questions are:

  1. should I enable the Jmicron pata/sata?
  2. should I configure sata as IDE or AHCI?

This was my wife's motherboard and she ran only IDE for most of its use. At the same time I got an EVGA motherboard and was able to use both IDE and SATA.

Now that these machines have been replaced I want to use the old machines for other things.

TIA

Reply to
root

On Mon, 13 Feb 2012 18:50:51 +0000 (UTC), root put finger to keyboard and composed:

IMO a much better newsgroup for this type of question is alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt. There is a fellow named Paul who will probably be able to answer your questions.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

Thanks again. This time I was able to get the damn thing running.

Reply to
root