Subject Author Posted Replies

Garmin vs Tomtom
I see advertisements for Garmin and TomTom GPS units, with lifetime map updates and same size 5" screens for the same prices. Does anyone have any experience with both units that can state a...
9
9

Help us to Improve childcare in India
Hello There, Greetings of the day!! Four of them (an XLRI MBA student, a doctor, an IIT Madras student, and an IT professional) along with 40+ champions =96 =95 They are dedicated to bring complete...

ASUS eeePC 701 problem and solution
My eeePC was very sick. On boot, it would spray the screen with random characters. If I did get a desktop, I found that I couldn't type several characters, like v and t. A USB keyboard worked...
2
2

Panasonic NV-J22 video output to Archos 5
I am hoping this question isnt too non-specific or the answer too obvious but I just shlepped this Panasonic multi-system TV which I originally brought from the US to UK back again to record lots of...
19
19

computer setup
I'm putting together a Pentium 233 to run some old programs I still use. The computer will have two floppy drives. A is a 1.44 and B is a 1.2 meg. There are two hard drives. C and D are on one...
16
16

Philips TV -- dual schottky
Model number is 19pfl3403 (a real dog I understand) -- anyway, not getting 5.2v but around 4. I'm not a repair guy but electronics is my life and looks like it may be the dual schottky rectifier --...
2
2

Cyclic rattle and squeek in felt slip clutches
As the problem has been around all the decades ,from tape decks reel-to-reel via cassette to VCR, I assume there is no cure other than replace with unobtanium parts. But in case anyone here has any...

Akai AD-6300 cassette deck spares
I'm about to throw away an Akai AD-6300 cassette deck. If anyone needs spares, let me know soon. Here is a photo (not mine): - Franc Zabkar
4
4

A basic question about electric heaters
My neighbor was telling me that his oil filled radiator type space heater is more efficient than the kind with a fan and heating coils. I told him that there is no difference, that all the electricity...
11
11

Simple tone control?
I'd like to add a simple op amp-based tone control circuit to my preamp for desktop speakers & sub that I'm modifying from stock. This is the simplest I found: (I have +/- supplies so I will be...
28
28

Editing a pdf file ...
OK. So I've got a manual from a company that I'm doing some work for. It's a pdf file, nice quality images. I want to combine a few of the images, to create composite pages that I can print out tiled...
14
14

Sharp GF 990G ghetto blaster
I will be renovating one of these next week, owner from new, was told only 100 came into the UK, probably 1982 from numerous IC "2.." datecodes. What is the use for the "sound processor" as no...
5
5

Repaired Harbor Freight digital caliper
I have two Harbor Freight digital calipers, item #47257, and I've had=20 problems with one of them especially, where the display will go blank. = It=20 seemed to work sometimes if I squeezed the...
115
115

Grandata
Dear Group Member Just to advise that Grandata is still running and certainly has not 'Gone down the pan', We are still one of the largest component suppliers in the Uk and have also added numerous...
2
2

HP 201C Oscillator Manual
Would anyone have a copy of the HP 210C Oscillator manual they could send me, the one I found online was missing many pages. Thanks Vin Collins jvcmarine at yahoo dot com
2
2