Subject Author Posted Replies

3 pole DC motor failure mode?
Or internalised self destruction of one pair of drivers and nothing to do with motor playing up? Motor supply is 33V and 3 amp fuse , main drive motor for a photocopier, 3 poles and magnets. I have a...
11
11

Name & specification of this speaker
Photo: -- @~@ You have the right to remain silent. / v Simplicity is Beauty! May the Force and farces be with you! /( _ ) (Fedora 15 i686) Linux 3.3.3 ^ ^ 16:34:01 up 19:50 0 users load average: 0.00...
16
16

Self healing component failures
I'm attempting to diagnose some strange electronics behavior. And it seems to be coming down to this question: What types of components have failure modes that are temperature independent and are self...
4
4

Motor slowing when electric dryer comes on
I have an air turbine running in my house, and it slows down when the electric dryer is turned on. Even though the air turbine is on a different circuit from the electric dryer. The same happens when...
37
37

Maytag dishwasher suddenly stopped working
MDB9601 suddenly stopped working, and instead started humming loudly. When I open the door, a loud grinding noise can be heard (from where i assume the pump is at the bottom of the unit) stopping and...
20
20

cheap Asian text equipment
I was browsing eBay for cheap multimeters, and found this in the description of the Vichy [sic] VC99... "Dual-slop DC/AC converter..." Must not be very accurate. Anyone have opinions about Vichy...
15
15

"When multimeters go boom..."
You'll like this. (For those easily offended, these Ozians drop a few S bombs.) Watch all of it. The demo with the aluminum block is surprising. I once asked a Fluke engineer why their DVMs were so...
5
5

Panasonic 42 inch Plasma TV TH-42PZ77U
Hello all, I picked up one of these that is not working. It is displaying the 10 blink error code that can be a number of faults. Has anyone serviced this model? Does anyone have the detailed service...
2
2

Staples SPL-710SH shredder fixed.
A while back I got stuck repairing a Staples SPL-710SH shredder. The story can be found here. I put it aside because not only did it have an electrical problem, one of the gear's teeth was worn down....
1
1

FA: AD7701 and SIP relays
Hi I accidentally got 3 pcs AD7701AN in DIP20 package from some scrapped test equipment. They were in sockets, and the equipment was in working state when scrapped. It is a 16 bit ADC, with a list...

Multi-dedent pot movement called generically?
Warwick amps like to use large heavy brass knobs under mirror finish. They must have had problems with biased resonance/ratcheting and controls turning, as they have used domestic stereo pots with...
17
17

A Coupling loop, for setting up a Roberts Radio
Hi gang, anyone have the specs for a coupling loop so I can get started setting up some of my Roberts radios. There are loads on the internet but vary wildly. Not a complicated problem but nice to get...
4
4

Bosch WFG2420GB/01 - needs reset?
Following a power failure midway through a normal 40° cycle, the machine failed to resume despite having brought the power back up. The 'Active' LED comes on briefly then goes out. I suspect the...
2
2

How to program to setup the second button on the Chamberlain universal remote control for garage door opener
HI, I have bought the Chamberlain universal remote control for garage opener was able to setup one of the buttons to control one of my door, but I can't set up another button on the remote control in...
2
2

dsa511 dsa524 Storage Scope woes
Hi there, noticed some discussion about this beastie on the group and wondered if anyone had come across all of the relays clicking and nothing else. It has been on the shelf for years and just when I...
9
9