OT: Technology museums in England ?

Particularly if it has 1960s or 1970s electronics stuff, ie not the numerous Wireless museums or the more general the Science Museum London or its Wroughton offshoot Manchester Industry and Technology Bletchley Park or Peterborough Museum of Technology

Reply to
N_Cook

If you want to see some old, but still quite fascinating technology, try

I visited there in 2008, on a friend's recommendation, and quite enjoyed it.

Dave Platt

Sounds as though you would enjoy a visit to my house.

--
~ Adrian Tuddenham ~
www.poppyrecords.co.uk

numerous

It looks as this place has closed, I never got to it because I was only ever in the area at weekends

only dead URLs or irrelevant redirects these days it would seem

Reply to
N_Cook

numerous

Exactly, myself and techie friend visited a rural technology museum on Sunday and wondered whether there was anywhere, more structured versions of each of our gargen sheds. Nixi tube Marconi frequency counters, a laser video disc, odd bits of core-store, a box of wire-wrap tools, bug-eaten ancient hobbiest magazines early VCR machines etc etc

Reply to
N_Cook

ever

Looks as though it is only for spotty kids now, not sad old gits

isits/

Reply to
N_Cook

I've got a collection of Wireless Worlds going back to the late 1940s, does that count?

If you are ever in the Minehead area, the radio museum at Washford is worth a visit - mainly ex-BBC equipment and domestic receivers.

--
~ Adrian Tuddenham ~
www.poppyrecords.co.uk

versions of

magazines

Assuming they're still about, there are 3 small wirelss viewable collections near me, Poole, Chandlers Ford and Arreton IOW, but not a museum of the later stuff it would seem

Reply to
N_Cook