Subject Author Posted Replies

Data I/O 201 firmware
Hi all, just trying my luck: does anyone have a Data I/O mod. 201 (E)EPROM programmer with a firmware version at least 4.0? I need to program TMS2532A (21V VPP) and version 1.0 of the firmware only...
4
4

Real photos of Highway 17 and Skyline in the Santa Cruz Mountains this week
These are real photos taken this very week of what's going on in the mountains where Jeff Liebermann lives due to the Pineapple Express dropping unheard of rain in California (drought my ass!)....
58
58

Follow-up on woofer repair
Maybe you remember the thread where I asked about repairing the woofer that I found behind the rear seat of the convertible. I think I asked about the 4 wires going to the sound coil. One of the wires...

Sony Blu-Ray Player issue FIXED!!!
I had purchased a Sony Blu Ray player a few months ago so I can stream Hulu and Youtube Videos on my Plasma TV. Recently my player would freeze randomly during Youtube videos which required unplugging...
7
7

Where can I get a FREE schematic for a Hallicrafters SX-99?
Where can I get a FREE schematic for a Hallicrafters SX-99? Yes, I have googled, and all I keep finding are very small ones, paid ones, or those $^&%&* sites that promise a free one but do nothing but...
3
3

Using a Variac for starting an old tube set
I have an old tube set that I want to fire up, but know this stuff can be unpredictable, especially with old caps. I recently bought a variac (variable voltage transformer). But I have never used one...
26
26

DVDR declares January leap month.
DVDR declares January leap month. Not really January, more like February 8, and not really adding a day, but subtracting one. Somehow, my Philips DVDR decided today was tomorrow, or at least Saturday....
5
5

Re: [FoxNews]A small town's sudden power surge fried tech gear in hundreds of homes
The top line running down my street is 7200 volts. Maybe that's because I live in a rural area. It seems high to me but the guy from PSE told me that it is not unusual, at least where I live. Eric
1
1

Is there any way to adjust this?
My friend gave me an digital VOM, and DC voltages in the 2 volt range read 14% high. Is there any way to adjust this? Or, is there ever a way to adjust this? No schematic is available, I'm pretty sure...
23
23

Miller aerowave not working, amps set to HIGH value and cannot change
My coworker has a Miller Aerowave TIG welder. It did work previously. Now it does not work. The amps display shows a very HIGH number that cannot be adjusted with amperage knob. It does weld at that...
4
4

need help with azus motherboard- AT31ont-1
doesnt boot up, nothing on screen. cmos battery was stone dead, replaced. doesnt even get a bios screen, nothing. this one has an azus AT31ont-1 boa rd, 1 gig ram. it has a flash drive for operating...
2
2

Kodi device not seen by Denon Receiver
I switched receivers from an Onkyo to a Denon 3313CI, and the Denon does not seem to see my little Kodi device. If the Kodi is connected to the receiver when the Kodi powers up, I can see the very...
7
7

LASOS HeNe module: LGK 7654-15 specs?
Hello, I have recently acquired an LGK 7654-15 laser head from ebay. It was manufactured in 2007 and looks to be in excellent condition. Unfortunately it came without a power supply. It does produce...
7
7

Impossible to undo pcb screws, never had this one before
I suspect they deliberately used non-matching threads,ie cross-threaded, despite disassembly ideograph of a screw on the pcb overlay and red nail-varnish anti-shake lock. Even 2 minutes of soldering...
6
6

Digital Thermostat Quit Working
Last night it began getting cold in my house. I went to the thermostat and found out the Digital readout was blank. I pushed the UP button and the furnace did not turn on. I popped it off the wall and...
24
24