VCR died suddenly

The VCR (Orion VR0211) was working fine one day, then wouldn't turn on the next day - not with the remote, not with the switch on the box itself.

There is a glass fuse inside which is intact. I also tested it with an ohm meter. What else would be a likely cause of this problem? Thanks.

Reply to
herb_k

Something went pop in the power supply I expect.

Orions soldier on quite well actually. The one I bought in 1988 ( branded Matsui ) still works OK albeit with a noisy motor now.

A competent tech can probably fix it fairly easily.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Probably bad electrolytic capacitors in the power supply.

Reply to
James Sweet

Especially likely if it has a few years on it ! They only last so long.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

On Sun, 10 Dec 2006 19:50:50 -0800, herb_k Has Frothed:

Probably a dry electrolytic capacitor in the SMPS. If you've repaired these before it should be no trouble finding it. If not, who knows?

COOSN-266-06-25794
Reply to
Meat Plow

herb snipped-for-privacy@mail.com ha escrito:

start by changng the small cap (1uF, 2.2uf or 10uF) near the switching transistor in the power supply. This problem is extremely common-

-B