Zenith SR2773DT

Does anyone know how to get to the service menu on a Zenith SR2773DT 27" color TV?

I need to try to do a color balance on it.

Bob

Bob Urz

Menu-Menu (hold) then 9-8-7-6 enter after menu goes away.

Set factory mode to 1 to get into all the adjustments, set back to zero before exiting.

Reply to
dkuhajda

Thanks of the info. It took awhile, but i got into the menu. Found out the color balance controls were NOT on the menu. They appear to be on 3 small pots on the CRT board.

In my haste to find the controls in the service menu, I inadvertently changed a setting from Zenith to PL (whatever PL is). Now the remote control is dead front panel controls are still operational. But now i cannot get back into the service menu. How can i reset this back to zenith to regain use of the remote?

It still has some vert foldover issues, but i have not gone through the board and ESR'ed the caps yet.

All help appreciated.

Bob NSE

Bob Urz

You need the Private Label remote control in order to access the service mode to change it back.

PL = private label, brand name the same Zenith tv was sold under that was not Zenith.

If you have a good universal remote control with a menu button that will work a Zenith, it might have the private label code in it. You might need to do a lot of code searches to find it. I think Montgomery Wards was one private label brand , as well as several others.

Reply to
dkuhajda