Zenith focus and text

I rescued an old Zenith SF2795W from the trash and the power supply was making an audible whine noise. After swapping out most of the caps the problem was cured and the supply was silent.

Now the other small issue is when text appears on the screen its a bit out of focus near the top of each letter. When something with a lot of white or brightness appears, everything will dim and the text goes back in focus. I'm using the RCA inputs with a dish receiver and it looks more like macrovision showing up than anything. Is something in need of replacement or should I invest in a video stabilizer?

Adam

Reply to
Adam Stouffer

Zenith's are known for bad picture tubes! Try to adjust the focus, the top pot on the flyback. Rono.

Reply to
Rono

Will try it this weekend. Makes me wonder because you can watch it happen whenever theres a bright scene. I'll try looking for bad caps around the AGC circuit. Thanks.

Adam

Reply to
Adam Stouffer