WTB: 100k-250k linear pot with center tap.

Hello All, Does anyone know of a source for these in 1 or 2 quantity, or does someone have a used one they will sell? Thanks, Dan

Reply to
Donna and Dan Stanger

Have you tried Radio Shack?

Reply to
Don Bowey

Don Bowey spake thus:

*Radio Shack*? Surely you jest!

Are we even talking about the same store? You know, the ones that *used to* carry some components, but that nowadays you'd most likely get a blank stare from the clueless kid behind the counter if you asked for a "center-tapped pot".

I doubt they ever carried center-tapped pots anyhow.

You need to find a *real* electronics store (they do exist but they're getting harder and harder to find).

--
The only reason corrupt Republicans rule the roost in Washington
is because the corrupt Democrats can't muster any viable opposition.

I agree many RS stores have slipped greatly, but I can usually find what I need at the local one, saving me a rush 25 mile trip to my regular wholesale house. I think it unlikely RS carried pots that didn't have a variable wiper, and my local RS has a fair selection of pots.

The topic was pots, not high-quality technical clerks.

Don

Reply to
Don Bowey

Don Bowey spake thus:

Heh. You apparently misunderstand that "pot" (potentiometer) means a variable resistor with a wiper. The OP is looking for one with a center tap (a fixed connection to the resistance, not a wiper).

--
The only reason corrupt Republicans rule the roost in Washington
is because the corrupt Democrats can't muster any viable opposition.
Reply to
David Nebenzahl

All the ones in my junk box seem to be LOG.

If you only need one, how about adding a centre tap to a regular one? A little silver paint from the edge of the track to an extra contact should do the job fine.

Mike.

Reply to
Remove _ for valid address