Wii Remote shunt

I accidentally released the Wii Remote while swinging in a bowling game and it hit the wall.

After a thorough check it still seems to be working as it used to, but when I shake it I can hear something moving inside.

What could the broken part be?

Reply to
sert

Got a hammer?

Reply to
William Sommerwerck

If it's sound small, it may just be a part of the plastic housing. If not it may be a component used for stability or RF isolation. Unless it is easy to take apart, just leave it be and ignore the rattle.

My 2 cents worth anyways.

- Tim -

Reply to
Tim

My kids have a Wii, and they got some kind of wrist strap free through the mail from Nintendo (I guess this throwing of the remote is a more common problem than one would think!)

You might look on the Nintendo website for more information, assuming it still continues to work after you open it up.

Regards, Bob Monsen

Reply to
Bob Monsen

If it still works then it doesn't seem critical. But, the Wiimotes are so motion-oriented, I think a rattle inside would be distracting during play.

I'd at least try to pop the controller open and have a look. If it turned out to be a non-critical piece of plastic, at least you'd have it out.

Reply to
Mr. Land