Why would yopu short out a transformer winding ??

I'm restoring a Seeburg 100B Jukebox and ran across the strangest thing There is a 5Volt winding on a transformer that appears to be intentionally shorted at times There are two switches that short out the winding one on the carrige assy and another that shorts it whenever you have a selection picked in tyeh pin assembly I'm planning on ordering the manual but the wiring is all original and I baffled as to why you would do this Thanks in Advanve Bob

Reply to
Boborann

Appologies for the dumb post I Missed the real problem which was a prior "repair " where someone swapped the wires on a connector and connected the lamp to the control circuit and the control circuit to the lamp winding on the transformer Lesson learned assume nothing and trust your instincts BOb

pin

Reply to
Boborann