Scott Reengineering Scott transformer

Not getting a response to the earlier post ( attached below) about a Scott Stereomaster 2400 I need approach it another way. I have a fried power transformer ( input winding shorted) It was center tapped and had two diodes in a full ware configuration being filtered with a 5000 uf 30 Volt Cap Also had a winding for a #49 lamp ( 2v) So the question is what voltage transformer should I replace it If I drive the 2 volt winding I get 17Volts on the questionable winding I calculate the 18 volt winding would give me about 25V across the cap Whereas a 24 volt transformer would give me 33 volts or so does this analysis seem correct Thanks Bob

I recently got a stereo 2400 unit that I was told blew fuses When I opened it up I found the power transformer primary open and obviously cooked I provided dc with an external power supply and it seems to run fine so I'm in search of a replacement transformer I'm hoping somebody can tell me the output voltages of the original or even better have one for sale The primary DC cap is a 30 V unit so I used 24 VDC on the external supply there is also a second winding for the lamps Thanks Bob

Reply to
bob