FLYBACK transformer: winding specifications

Hi,

I have to write the winding specifications for a 20 Watt, flyback transformer.

The core selected is an E 25/13/11.

Current and voltages calculations are ok.

I have to comply to the following standards:

IEC950 IEC335 IEC61558 for reinforced insulation

Primary to Secondary Insulation =E2=89=A5 4000V Primary to Auxiliary Insulation =E2=89=A5 1500V

I opened a couple of transformers and noticed that there are many things:

Triple insulation wire, Enamelled wire, sleeves, shields, insulating adhesive, Primary splitted in 2 windings, TAP.

Are there any simple documents around that explains the meaning of all those things?

Thanks in advance, Enrico

Reply to
Enrico

Transformer winding specifications, especially when you have to take into account safety/regulatory issues, get complicated. It sounds like you haven't done it before. Whoever you're turning this document over to probably has. Can you ask them?

--
Rob Gaddi, Highland Technology
Email address is currently out of order

Is there gonna be a submission to a testing lab? Maybe build 2-3 different designs and choose from 'winning' submissions.

Reply to
1 Lucky Texan

Hi,

I paid a professional to do the design of the power supply and to transfer his knowledge to me on flyback power supplies. This guy designed the transformer as well but he is not an expert in safety regulations about transformers.

The company who is building the samples for me is Indian. They proposed me a solution without sleeves.

I'm looking for documents that explain the most important do's and don'ts of transformers winding.

Enrico

Reply to
Enrico

In message , Enrico writes

What is the consultancy rate for this?

Chris H

Hi,

the rate was 2000 Euro for the complete design.

The contract was based on 5 technical meetings at my office of 3 hours each.

The design was a Flyback Power Supply of 22 Watt with the Viper27LD (60 KHz) controller.

He also brought me ta sample of the transformer.

Enrico

Reply to
Enrico