Why did the professional camera reviewers totally miss a serious flaw in the camera?

If ducts are made properly, they should be locked together by a folded seam by which the ends of the ducts slide together and an edge is then folded over to lock it all together. Look up "pittsburgh seam" or "pittsburgh seaming" and "ducting" on Google.

Reply to
dj_nme

Crikey, Ron, can you not freakin' read?

all of this has been covered. days ago.

--
lsmft
Reply to

Metal duct is pretty rare in the south. They use fiberglass "duct board" that gets taped together with metal backed tape. When A/C is you main use, ducts are in the attic and humiidity is 90+ metal will sweat like a pig. Garden variety duct tape won't last a year.

Reply to
gfretwell

Yep. It can do some great things, but permenancy is not one of its outstanding features.

Reply to
Ron Hunter

Some american hardware stores stock duct tape with the trade name Duck.

Makes me laugh.

Reply to
robertharvey

jim evans

This was posted eons ago. fu set

==

Reply to
John McWilliams

I realize things now are made pretty thin and flimzy but the makers cannot be responsable when the product is dropped on a hard surface or it was treated with rough hands .

Reply to
Ken G.

Agreed. I've said it before, and I'll say it again (regardless of the nut cases who insist that cheap garbage should be as good as the high-end gear): You get what you pay for.

Some time back, a colleague who worked at our local Nikon distributor here in Australia told of a story where someone in a hurry to get where they're going threw their "happy snappy" style Nikon onto the back seat and closed the door.

In reality, it slipped off the seat, the cord being snagged by the door, with the camera now resting on the ground.

They drove to wherever they were going, all the while thinking there was something seriously wrong with the engine with all that clicketing going on.

Anyway, get to their destination, thought to worry about the engine later, and come round to collect the stuff (camera included) from the back seat.

Horrified to find a now very battered camera.

Fast forward to how Maxwell's found out, they had brought it in to see what can be done about the metal "case" (still worked after all that). Maxwell's offered to take the camera off their hands, replace it with a new one, and keep the old battered one on a glass shelf in the reception area demonstrating what the things will endure and still work.

And these guys are whining about a measly door clip. Wimps.

--
Linux Registered User # 302622
Reply to