camera

I need a new USB camera cable for home, because the cats ate the last one. So I went to the Rite-Aid drug store to see if they had one. No, but they had a Vivitar digital camera, with cable, with bonus LED key-ring light, with AAA battery and software, for $9.99. It takes movies and does webcam, too.

John

CVS puts that in their ad about every 2nd month.

$9.99+3-in-1

What I want to know is has anyone gotten it to work with an OS other than Windoze? Standard media format?

Reply to
JeffM

Ten bucks? That is amazing.

Did your cat swallow the whole camera? Is the USB connector still accessible? We'd love to see the insides of your only-eight-lives-left cat.

Bob

--
== All google group posts are automatically deleted due to spam ==
Reply to

No. One of the cats loves to chew on cables. Certain plastics are appealing, softer stuff, especially the Apple stuff, those soft white cables. They just chew on them, enough to make things not work.

As somebody warned, be very careful of anything that is sharp on five of its six ends.

John

age

at.

I thought you said this was Windoze...? So, you have to be careful of anything that is sharp on 27.3 of its six ends. :)

$10 for a camera is pretty awesome. BrandsMart is selling 1GB SD cards for $2.88 today. I can remember paying a small fortune for one, not so long ago......

-mpm

Reply to
mpm

It just occured to me: Jon Slaughter next million dollar idea: "Kitty Kables"

Hey, there's weirder stuff out there...

Reply to
mpm

"John Larkin" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Good thing it wasn't a ball of yarn, it tends to unravel ;D

Martin Riddle

Dollar Tree has the cables around here for $1.

aioe.org, Goggle Groups, and Web TV users must request to be white listed, or I will not see your messages.

If you have broadband, your ISP may have a NNTP news server included in your account:

There are two kinds of people on this earth: The crazy, and the insane. The first sign of insanity is denying that you're crazy.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Radio Shack has them here for $22.

John

Just embed microcapsules of capsaicin in the surface of the cable jacket. >:->

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Radio Shack's new motto? You have money? We have ideas on how to rip you off! :(

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.
The first sign of insanity is denying that you\'re crazy.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

As bad as RadioShaft is, it's no match for BustBuy and CircuitShitty. RS never got out of the minor leagues.

--
Keith
Reply to

Add Oriffice Depot as well, $45 for a USB cable and no gold to be seen.

Reply to
JosephKK

A new hhgregg store just opened across town. They want over $200 for some video cables.

is $249.99 for a 40 FOOT hdmi CABLE.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.
The first sign of insanity is denying that you\'re crazy.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

They also hire vultures as sales people. I didn't include them because I didn't know how big they'd gotten (first ran into them in Ohio last year). OTOH, I bought my 42" Plasma TV from them because they beat BustBuy (on sale, though none in stock) on a price match. They were disappointed that I bought no cables, though not because they didn't try.

But is it gold plated?

35' HDMI cable; $65

Keith
Reply to