Digital Camera

WebTV-Mail-24538-13047 Content-Type: Text/Plain; Charset=US-ASCII Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7Bit

I have looked everywhere for a forum on camera repairs, with no luck.

I have an Olympus d-100 digital camera (Camedia, Brio) that has NEVER been dropped or mis-treated in any way but it has "Just Died"?

I'd venture to say that I have taken a maximum of 200 shots with it.

Its out of waranty because it has been sitting around the house (in its case) for over a year.

At first it would act strange by coming on for a second or two, (after you open the shutter) and then go dead. At first I thought it was the batteries by the way it would act.

Now .. Its just DEAD with brand new batteries.?

Thanks Everyone

PM

Reply to
Paul M

Definitely a tragic situation, but unless you have the knowledge and resources to repair this camera, you could probably sell it "for parts" on eBay to get some of your money back. Some repair quotes on the web are roughly around $59.

I have an Olympus d-100 digital camera (Camedia, Brio) that has NEVER been dropped or mis-treated in any way but it has "Just Died"?

I'd venture to say that I have taken a maximum of 200 shots with it.

Its out of waranty because it has been sitting around the house (in its case) for over a year.

At first it would act strange by coming on for a second or two, (after you open the shutter) and then go dead. At first I thought it was the batteries by the way it would act.

Now .. Its just DEAD with brand new batteries.?

Thanks Everyone

PM

Reply to
Mike

"I" am going to have to start using Google. I just told the OP I was not aware of any manual. Thanks for the link.

L.

Reply to
L.

Typing 'camera forum' into google gave me these 83,800 'hits':

Adding the additional word 'repairs', narrowed that to 9,810:

Terry Pinnell
Hobbyist, West Sussex, UK
Reply to
Terry Pinnell

You can find this newsgroup, but overlook the more obvious, for digital cameras at least, sci.electronics.repair?

Michael

Reply to
Michael Black