Where to get schematic of Funai TV, Model FT1371?

Anybody got one lying around?

Or at least covering the PCB on the back of the CRT neck?

Reply to
Robert Macy

So you narrowed it down to that board?

Reply to
PeterD

After starting the thread, "oops! coffee into the top of TV!" and not receiving any URL's for a schematic I started this one, trying to be more specific.

The liquid ran onto the HV electrode and HV cable that physically laid on top of a bare connection on that PCB. Just seemed that's probably the area that got damaged.

Reply to
Robert Macy

<jetodd

Anybody got one lying around?

Thank you for that URL!

I didn't even think to try there, but sadly there's only a User's Manual, which I have a copy of.

Reply to
Robert Macy

Anybody got one lying around?

Thank you again for this URL, they did have a customer service contact

which replied to my request for a schematic for Funai TV Model FT1371 S/N V03823066 January 1998

REPLY... Unfortunately, this set is too old. We do not keep parts for sets as far back as 2003. We no longer have a copy of this manual to provide you with. My apologies for this inconvenience. Thank you.

So, where do I get a schematic?

Reply to
Robert Macy

That's illegal. Unless Federal law has changed. Which it might have. It used to be 10 years.

Reply to
William Sommerwerck

sed

Will check.

However, tax records kept 3 years, most statute of limitations are 7 years, legally declared dead after missing,7 years.

Maybe it is 7 years.

Reply to
Robert Macy

Funai isn't an American company. A lot of imported crap never had repair parts availible in the US. that's one of many reasons why they can sell so cheap. :(

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

And so-called "parts availability laws" are mostly urban legend.

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark Zacharias

I don't that statement is true, now or "back then".

I beleive the origins were based on the warranty period claimed, to prevent lifetime warranties from becoming scams. If someone made a product and gave a 5 year warranty, "the law" required them to stock parts for that period, or offer a later replacement model as an exchange.

But there never was any law specifically saying repair parts had to be stocked and available for 5, 7 or 10 years as most people think.

Whatever laws that were on the books were to prevent companies from making outlandish claims like a 50 year warranty and then saying 3 years later we don't have repair parts anymore so those warranties can't be honored.

-bruce snipped-for-privacy@ripco.com

Reply to
Bruce Esquibel

"Mark Zacharias" wrote in message news:4c3ed52b$0$30334$ snipped-for-privacy@news.astraweb.com...

USA Manufacturers were more willing to stock parts 'back then'. Some tax laws were changed that caused a tax liability on stocked parts and tons of stuff went to the landfills shortly after.

David

Reply to
David

Sams Photofact #3983.

Mike WB2MEP

Reply to
Mike WB2MEP

Thank you. Didn't think of that at all!

Oddly, the website won't come in. Even if I do a search for Sams photofacts index and click on selecting same address with /index etc that doesn't come in either? The first is a blank screen for 1 hour, the second is an hour glass cursor on the google search page for an hour

Are they that busy?

Reply to
Robert Macy

nevermind, the problem was something about out of date security registration, just took a long time before my browser asked whether I would accept anything form this site, not a bad shield, eh?

Reply to
Robert Macy

Thanks again Mike

Found #3983, with tax, around $24 !!!!

Considering the original TV was $60 and I could take this TV to a recycling center to obtain $5, that hurts.

What amazed me was that Funai customer service didn't even keep/offer a digital form of schematic. Keeping the TV in front of our face would be like advertising their name, but they don't support before

2003. Now, they've lost an opportunity and irritated a customer

In contrast, I was just talking with the owner of a successful firm located in Florida. He proudly supports EVERYTHING they have sold since 1985! Believe me, that committment has won him some contracts and large follow-on orders from customers.

Reply to
Robert Macy

They weren't, 40 years ago.