CRT monitor, letting out vacuum and other stories

Since there's a couple threads on CRT monitors, letting out the vacuum, and playing with the EHT section, and, I had a monitor in the car ready for demolitions, I put some photos up, more coming later.

This was a ViewSonic monitor from 1995, a curious item I've not seen often is capacitive pickup of the H & V beam scan edges. I assume they did that to help automate the picture position, or scan boundaries, at least. Photos of the PCB which also has the side edge pickup, and of the top and bottom plates for vertical pickup. Signals from that PCB go to electronics box sitting on the CRT neck.

Vacuum let out by filing the end of the CRT neck. Safely.

Here:

Grant.

Reply to
Grant

A vacuum is nothing, an absence of air - so you cannot "let it out". Obviously what you _really_ did was let the air in. That was the hissing sound you heard.

--

Michael Karas
Carousel Design Solutions

Trouble with some people is they have absolutely no sense of fun.

Grant.

Reply to
Grant