what type of fitting or connection is this?

Please see image with description. Not sure what it is called, but I need some. Thanks.

formatting link

Reply to
Jim Horton
Loading thread data ...

There are any number of retaining rings, circlips and other items that do a s you suggest, and used as a means to secure a fitting on a shaft, but allo w for a certain amount of play - e.g. the circlips that hold the fan on a d ryer motor, that also rotates the drum from the other end.

Or, it could be a torsion-spring that is inserted in a device to hold somet hing closed (or open). Its ID will increase somewhat when compressed (or cl osed, depending), and it is often inserted on a shaft with either a bump or an inlay to hold it in place.

formatting link

They come in all kinds of sizes and materials as well.

Peter Wieck Melrose Park, PA

Reply to

ElectronDepot website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.