WARNING: Funai Corp PROBLEM

Hi,

It is almost a month and I still have not received the service manual for which I paid $32.00 ($7.00 for shipping). Funai will not reply to my fax(s) or emails. They do not have a published telephone number, as far as I know, that I can call.

My next step is to file complaints with the U.S. Attorney, BBB, and other agencies that handle such matters.

Also, I will stop servicing anything made by Funai, and I recommend that everyone else does the same.

Brad

Hi, > > Has anyone experienced problems with Funai corp. getting a service >manual (or part/s) after you have paid for it? > > Lately, I am having an AWFUL time getting a reply via email. They >stopped replying. They wouldn't give me a tracking number so I called >Fed Ex. Fed Ex has no record of a shipment from Funai to my address. >It might have been shipped via U.S.P.S., but they won't tell me if it >was shipped that way. They once said "they usually ship via >Fed Ex, but sometimes U.S.P.S.". > > It is more than two weeks since they said it was shipped (CA to PA). > > Thanks in advance, Brad > > Before you type your password, credit card number, etc., > be sure there is no active keystroke logger (spyware) in your PC.
Reply to
Brad

snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net (Brad) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.verizon.net:

I've had USPS lose a package containing $80 worth of SDRAM PC memory,and they had a tracking number and claimed it had been delivered. I receive my mail at a kiosk and packages usually get put in special large bins and the key in my usual mailbox.USPS even had the nerve to claim I was trying to scam them.Then they lost my payment for electric service,so I got charged a late fee for that.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Why bother to get a Funai service manual in the first place? The brand is a joke, it's the bottom of the barrel, crap of the crap, I wouldn't even try to repair something from them unless the fault was trivial.

Reply to
James Sweet

Hi,

I called a toll free number (1-800-256-2487) I found at Funai's web site, which I didn't think would help because I am a service tech, but to my surprise, I was connected to someone at the parts department!!

After explaining my ordeal, I received the service manual via overnight Fed Ex !!!!

Brad

Reply to
Brad