eu2a diode equivalents?

Ran into a bit of a wall here, Hanging off pin 6 of the tda8177 vertical deflection ic. This is all fitted in a 68cm centrex tv (unsure of exact model sticker on the back is missing.)

The tda 8177 has literally exploded and the diode is open circuit. I am yet to delve further into this set. I am unable to find a supplier for this diode in australia, so looking for a sub

EU2A datasheet says Maximum peak rev voltage: 600v Maximum peak reverse surge voltage: 650v Maximum average forward current: 1.0a Maximum peak forward surge current: 15a

Any help is appreciated.

Joe.

Reply to
Joe Carroll

Joe

Looking at the data sheet for the TDA8177, this would appear to be the boost supply diode for the chip's output stage. The trick to replacing it is not so much its voltage characteristics as the fact that it's a fast recovery type. The following data sheet source for this component, also lists many similar types, from which you should be able to select an alternative that's both suitable, and available.

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

Cheers for the reply,

I havent had a lot to do with subbing components before would A higer current capacity but the same recovery rate be a major issue?

boost

that's

vertical

Reply to
Joe Carroll

In general, that would be an OK assumption. As long as the voltage and current ratings at least match or are better, and it is a fast recovery type, in this particular application, that will be fine. Check the package style as well when you pick one, just in case it's different from the original, which might cause an issue with board space.

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily